Lordswood April 28~30 2023 with added photos

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WombleWill

Tenderfoot
Dec 12, 2011
Wigston, Leicestershire
By adding your name you indicate you have read and understand the guidelines linked on post 1. As always extra days are available prior to the advertised dates. Please include this on your paste.

1 Woodspirits 27~30
2. Diamond Dave 28-30 God Willing
3 MartinK9 28-30 Dr Willing lol
4 NLW day visit leave/house move willing...
5 Muddy Boots 28 -30 Wife willing
6 rumpole stiiltskin 28-30 work willing
7 pieinthesky 28 - 30
8 Greg Ali & Roscoe 28 - 30
9 petethepirate 28-30
10 Hodge 28~30 maybe earlier
11 Gibson175 28~30 maybe earlier
12 Will 28-29

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Can I come?

By adding your name you indicate you have read and understand the guidelines linked on post 1. As always extra days are available prior to the advertised dates. Please include this on your paste.

1 Woodspirits 27~30
7 pieinthesky 28 - 30
9 petethepirate 28-30
12 Will 28-29
13 Snarf 28-29 (if you’ll have me)

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Afternoon folks, numbers are looking good so far. Following a bout of Covid and a lengthy chest infection, I’m itching to get stuck into a bit of clearing again. Alongside that I would like to start a small project in the communal area, a purpose built log store enabling proper rotation of stock and keeping our area tidy. Easily achieved assuming numbers remain buoyant, many hands etc. ;)

Last edited:

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Afternoon folks, numbers are looking good so far. I’m itching to get stuck into a bit of clearing again, alongside that I would like to start a small project in the communal area, a purpose built log store enabling proper rotation of stock and keeping our area tidy. Easily achieved assuming numbers remain buoyant, many hands etc. ;)

Happy to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: woodspirits

Paul RW

Oct 18, 2022
London UK

View attachment 78648

Welcome to Lords Wood

I will be attending Lords wood on the above dates, if anyone cares to join me just enter your name and availability below. weather and numbers permitting I will resume clearing and brash burning opening up further glades for us to use and let the woodland breathe again! Instead of processing all the timber for the wood pile, I intend to keep the more useable pieces from the clearance for future projects. So to this end if anyone else decides they are able to attend, bring any sharps and tools you feel will contribute.

For those likely to join me, collecting dead standing or fallen wood for your ground protected fires is fine.

And for those yet to attend Lords Wood but are a bit hesitant?​

There are a few guidelines here, and that's really as far as 'rules' go. Just about everything you need to know about this venue is there, these are very relaxed and friendly meets. Once we have spent a few hours tidying up the wood, we may meet at the communal fire. Or you may prefer to sit in your own pitch and practice woodland crafts etc on your own or with mates, that's fine there's plenty of space. If you need help on anything bushcrafty, just ask we have a wealth of knowledge between us. :)

View attachment 78648

Welcome to Lords Wood

I will be attending Lords wood on the above dates, if anyone cares to join me just enter your name and availability below. weather and numbers permitting I will resume clearing and brash burning opening up further glades for us to use and let the woodland breathe again! Instead of processing all the timber for the wood pile, I intend to keep the more useable pieces from the clearance for future projects. So to this end if anyone else decides they are able to attend, bring any sharps and tools you feel will contribute.

For those likely to join me, collecting dead standing or fallen wood for your ground protected fires is fine.

And for those yet to attend Lords Wood but are a bit hesitant?​

There are a few guidelines here, and that's really as far as 'rules' go. Just about everything you need to know about this venue is there, these are very relaxed and friendly meets. Once we have spent a few hours tidying up the wood, we may meet at the communal fire. Or you may prefer to sit in your own pitch and practice woodland crafts etc on your own or with mates, that's fine there's plenty of space. If you need help on anything bushcrafty, just ask we have a wealth of knowledge between us. :)
Hi, would it be ok to bring my dog along? I've not been to Lords Wood before, it's a bit far for me as I live south of London, but I have a chance for your next moot. He's small, and at 13 pretty old, so he mostly eats and sleeps. Bit like me really. He goes camping with me so I know he behaves well. I read in your rules it's no dogs, but I see this time some comments about dogs coming.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Hi, would it be ok to bring my dog along? I've not been to Lords Wood before, it's a bit far for me as I live south of London, but I have a chance for your next moot. He's small, and at 13 pretty old, so he mostly eats and sleeps. Bit like me really. He goes camping with me so I know he behaves well. I read in your rules it's no dogs, but I see this time some comments about dogs coming.
Hi Paul if your dog is kept on a lead around your camp it should be ok, keep it away from any other dogs that may attend and of course pick up after it. If your interested put your name on the list. :)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com

1 Woodspirits 27~30
7 pieinthesky 28 - 30
9 petethepirate 28-30
12 Will 28-29

Paul RW

Oct 18, 2022
London UK

1 Woodspirits 27~30
7 pieinthesky 28 - 30
9 petethepirate 28-30
12 Will 28-29
14 Paul 27-30, dog willing

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Hi fella’s (and Ali) with only 2 weeks to go it gives you time to have a rummage amongst your stuff for any bushcraft related gear for our car boot sale, make a Few Bob and grab a bargain or two! Normally held Saturday PM weather permitting of course. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: gibson 175

WombleWill

Tenderfoot
Dec 12, 2011
Wigston, Leicestershire
Unfortunately I won’t be able to attend this meet again, it’s my partners sisters birthday party so we’re out for the whole of Sunday and I’m fairly sure I’m busy Saturday too;( will try to make attendance at the next one, definitely need a catch up and some time in the woods! Enjoy the weekend and look forward to the pics

Reactions: woodspirits

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com

1 Woodspirits 27~30
7 pieinthesky 28 - 30
9 petethepirate 28-30
12 Paul 27-30, dog willing

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Unfortunately I won’t be able to attend this meet again, it’s my partners sisters birthday party so we’re out for the whole of Sunday and I’m fairly sure I’m busy Saturday too;( will try to make attendance at the next one, definitely need a catch up and some time in the woods! Enjoy the weekend and look forward to the pics
Maybe next time Will

Hodge

Nomad
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
I reckon closest train station would be Coventry with a 17 minute bus ride depending on time of day. Not sure what the situation would be on the Sunday. I used the Transport for West Midlands app.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE