Herts / North London Christmas meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Following on from the success of the first Herts / North London meet and queries from people about when the next one will take place I'm pleased to say the little wifey has given me a pass for the first weekend of December from Friday 5th, to Sunday 7th.

The meet takes place in a wood in the Watford/Rickmansworth area and is approximately 14 acres of primarily mature larch interspersed with various decidious trees mainly beech, birch a few oak and ash. It's about 10-15 minutes from the M25 as well. There's plenty of suitable trees for the hammock dwellers, also, there's plenty of fallen wood and loads of flint free for collection. There's several nice river walks nearby as well if you fancy going for a bimble.

Please note that there are absolutely NO facilities at the woods. You'll have to make sure you bring enough water with you and there will be a latrine pit.

Unfortunately, due to the size of the wood, numbers will be restricted and there are 18 adult spaces and will be reserved on a first come first served basis. Children are welcome to come along and join in the fun. Hopefully we can have some sort of festivities on the Saturday night and cook up something special for everyone. Someone did mention a turkey curry :D

Please indicate if you'll be attending 1 or 2 nights and which nights they'll be.

1. Mesquite, Friday & Saturday.
2. C_Claycomb, Friday & Saturday
3. Ncarvajal + 1, Friday & Saturday
4. Grebby, Friday and Saturday
5. Red Kite, Friday & Saturday
6. Mick Miller, Saturday night (+ Friday TBC)
7. Dave1942 + 1 Saturday night
8. Benp1, Friday & Saturday
9. Rat pac. Friday & Saturday (Friday TBC)
10. Godfather + 1, Saturday night
11. Mittenz, Friday & Saturday
12. T1tch, Friday & Saturday
13. Stevesteve, Saturday
14. Phil Wright, Saturday
15, Shovel reccy, Friday & Saturday
16. Herbz + 1 Friday night

3 spaces left for Friday night
0 spaces left for Saturday night

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
Would it be possible to pop over during one of the days to meet up and say hi?

I'm only just down the road and would like to come and play but I don't really have the kit to overnight.

Cheers

Grebby

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Would it be possible to pop over during one of the days to meet up and say hi?

I'm only just down the road and would like to come and play but I don't really have the kit to overnight.

Cheers

Grebby

You're more than welcome to come over Grebby.

If you do fancy staying overnight I'm sure that between us we can find you some kit to use. It doesn't take that much to get started up. I've got a spare tent you can use as well as cooking gear etc.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
You're more than welcome to come over Grebby.

If you do fancy staying overnight I'm sure that between us we can find you some kit to use. It doesn't take that much to get started up. I've got a spare tent you can use as well as cooking gear etc.

Cooking gear isn't a problem. Its more the sleeping gear. I've got a tent but its a 3 man so a little on the large side. I'll have a delve under the stairs and see what sleeping bags I can find.

I'm currently trying to sell a 6' fish tank to raise some funds and please SWMBO. This will mean that I can splash out on a hammock and some other bits.

That said hopefully I'll have managed that by December so I'll say go for it. I've just checked and I'm allowed. A mate of mine may be very interested as well. If I could say yes for both nights possibly with my mate.

I'll call him and see if he wants to come and let you know ASAP.

Cheers

Grebby

ncarvajal

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2008
UK - Colombia - Norway
Hey Steve,

The missus might be up for it but has to check her schedule. Can you put her down as a TBC please. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from her if it is a yay or nay.

Best,
NC

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Hi Steve, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you all and would love to meet up again, can I be put down for Saturday night please whilst I see if I can work things so as to do both nights.

Thanks once again for organising!

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
My friend has decided that it might be a bit too cold and nasty + it's the busiest time for him at work so he may have to work those days so has backed out.

So its just me. What sort of stuff will I be needing?

Cheers

Grebby

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Hi Mesquite,

Please can I book in for Saturday?:You_Rock_
Sounds great... I assume you've booked some good weather:D

Cheers,
Steve

phil wright

Jul 24, 2008
Harlow
put my name down for the saturday night please.
i will have to come straight from work so wont be there until 6.30ish, hope this isnt a problem.
rgards
phil

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE