Herts / North London Christmas meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Please can I book in for Saturday?:You_Rock_
Sounds great... I assume you've booked some good weather:D

put my name down for the saturday night please.
i will have to come straight from work so wont be there until 6.30ish, hope this isnt a problem.

All booked :) As for weather I'll let you know on the day ;) and as for arriving late that's no probs at all apart fro you having to set up in the dark so make sure you aren't using some new kit that night or it might be an interesting night for you :D

mittenz

Jul 10, 2008
London
Is everyone coming who came before? i hope so! It was fun fun fun! I wonder if I'll be the only other one with a huge bottom tent again!

Em

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Is everyone coming who came before? i hope so! It was fun fun fun!

It looks like just about everyone who was there in September is planning to attend again in December so it should be a good time again :D

I wonder if I'll be the only other one with a huge bottom tent again!

If it turns out to be a cold frosty meet we may well be jealous of you in your huge tipi. Be prepared to repell invaders :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Following on from this thread that I posted is anyone interested in a cheap bowsaw?

I'll let people know the price once I know how many might be interested but I don't expect it to cost that much.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just to let the folks who have said they're attending know I've mailed you the details of the meet.

One of the things suggested at the September meet was we have a social meal on the Saturday night for everyone. Turkey curry was suggested as a potential meal... How does that sound to everyone? And if you don't like the idea of a curry can you suggest something else?

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
I had my head in the freezer (defrosting) the other day and discovered that we still have a lot of large lumps of pig in there and was wondering if we had any budding bushcraft cooks along who could/would make use of some at the meet. I can't cook for the world but I do like a nice bit of pork;)

I was just wondering if big chunks of pig would be appreciated/used?

Cheers

Grebby

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sorry Grebby, I forgot to reply to your question. Thanks for your offer, I'd love a bit of pork. We can do a stew or something on the Friday night perhaps.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Does anyone fancy a night out in the woods this weekend?

I'm planning to go down and do a bit of work in the woods this Saturday 15th/Sunday 16th in prep for the December meet.

If you do then drop me a PM and I'll give you the details :)

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
I'd be interested in coming along, not going to be able to stay overnight on the Friday because I've not tested any of my camping kit! But if there is space on the Saturday to come and say hi, then that'd be good.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'd be interested in coming along, not going to be able to stay overnight on the Friday because I've not tested any of my camping kit! But if there is space on the Saturday to come and say hi, then that'd be good.

There's plenty of space as this is just a one off as I fancy a night out and as I said I've got to get a bit of firewood chopped for the meet.

I'm only doing the Saturday night and aim to be down the woods by about 2pm on the Saturday.

I've PM'd you the location :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just a bump to those folks that are coming.

There was talk of having a social meal on the Saturday night one of the suggestions was doing a turkey curry. Also Grebby has offered to bring some pork for the friday evening.

So who's up for some pork on the Friday evening and who wants turkey curry on the Saturday. Also....... does anyone know how to cook a good curry? I love eating them but I'm not that hot on cooking them :(

Also, is there any activities that you might like to do or learn. If so speak up and we'll see if there's anyone that can help with it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE