Herbal/Plant Medicine Book???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Richie

Forager
Feb 3, 2004
North Wales
Does anyone have or know of a good book on using plants or herbs as medicine or for first aid. I know there is alot out there telling you of the uses but I'm looking for one that tells you which parts of the plants to use, preparation, dosages, application etc

Lofty's book gives quite a good introduction to this but I'm looking for more now.

Regards

Richie

familne

Dec 20, 2003
Fife
Try and get hold of 'A Modern Herbal' by M. Grieve, it goes into great detail about which parts to use and the various methods of preparation

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
A very simple book, but one that contains very useful information on making preparations (creams, oils, tinctures etc) is:

Herbal Remedies - Christopher Hedley, Non Shaw

Very cheap, and very detailed, with some basic info on which herbs/spices to use.

If you're more looking for details on collecting and using wild plants, then you'll have to wait until I've gone home to review my bookshelves! However, I would say that in a lot of cases, its very useful to lookin charity shops etc for books, as they tend to be very cheap, and often very useful...

G

Ginja

Would highly recommend Colins Nature Guide series - 'Herbs and Healing Plants'. Dead handy, fits in yer pocket and designed with outdoor use in mind. Costs £7.99, or £3 if you have a 'The Works' bookshop near you ... bargain!

G

Geoffrey

Forager
Oct 3, 2004
Maine
I have the Green Pharmacy by James A Duke Ph.D. A good book with great information about what plants, foods, herbs are good for. Tells of health benefits and preperation etc...

Geoffrey.

Richie

Forager
Feb 3, 2004
North Wales
Thanks Guys

I have around 6 books on the way from Amazon now, think I might be a bookalcoholic never mind a kita-alcoholic!!!! :yikes:

Hmm could be a tread here? :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE