Helping out a friend, (backpack brands needed)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Hello dear everyone,
as the title might suggest I'm wanting to help a friend of mine, She's in search of a internship location and would like to advance in the designing of backpacks ( me as well as my friend are Product developers).
So I already got her started on some brands she didnt know yet like: Karrimor and Fjällraven.
Yet could really think of other brands out of the Usual brands like Dakine, Lowe Alpine, or North face.
so If you know any, your help would be greatly appreciated

Yours sincerely Ruud

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
McHale, Gregory, Gossamer gear, Ula, KarrimorSf, Z-packs, Norrona, Bergans, Osprey, Dixon, Molly mac gear....

Duluth - I particularly like mine because of it's lack of "design" and "features". I've moved away from hi-tech "one size fits all" yokes (which don't fit me!) and synthetic materials (which make me sweat). A simple, frameless canvas bag with decent leather straps which I can make super comfortable with packing.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Duluth - I particularly like mine because of it's lack of "design" and "features". I've moved away from hi-tech "one size fits all" yokes (which don't fit me!) and synthetic materials (which make me sweat). A simple, frameless canvas bag with decent leather straps which I can make super comfortable with packing.
Aye - true future development of rucksacks is (IMHO) in simplification - folk have ben overcomplicating stuff for too long!
My current favourite is a Duluth Wanderer simple, comfortable and bomb proof :)
For big loads I am currently using a Jack Pyke Decoy bag - a big bag with padded shoulder straps...
OK I no longer go great distances but even in my days of wilderness walks and exped leadership I prefered simple bags as there was less to go wrong!

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Kifaru, Berghaus, Cactus Climbing, Mountainsmith, Black Diamond, Snugpak........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE