Help!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

seany boy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2006
Lincolnshire
Hi
Please help me i've been trying to insert one of my own pictures to use as an avartar, can't seem to get this to work, been using imageshack to resize my photo but when i try to upload it to my profile it says its to big. :confused: Any help would be much appreciated :eek: (idiots guide!) before i remove the large hammer from the shed and insert it into the computor! :banghead:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ok, not quite sure what the problem is (other than it's not working!) is your image within these limits? 100 by 100 pixels or 58.6 KB I know that sometimes an image is low res but large, or vice versa. If it's within these then let me know and i'll have a closer look.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
You need to resize to less than 100x100 pixels, as Tony said. If your having trouble doing this post a link to the picture here and i'll edit it and then post it back up for you.

seany boy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2006
Lincolnshire
pouches3064xh4.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks Guys this is the image i've been trying to use,don't know if you can do anything with it Zammo

seany boy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2006
Lincolnshire
Thanks Zammo
Don't want to be a pain but what do i do with the pic now. :eek:
I've saved it to my pictures and tried to insert it still saying its too big. :banghead:

Martnz

Jul 31, 2006
Auckland NZ
www.portabyte.com
Hi Tony - hope I am OK to piggy-back on this thread and ask you for some advice?

Was trying to place images (now stored in the gallery here) directly into a post, and couldn't figure it out at all!

My profile says:
-----------------------
You may not post attachments
HTML code is Off

Is this the problem, or am I missing out on something else?

Appreciate your help,
Martnz

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Martnz. Because we’ve got the gallery the attachments is disabled, which will be why you couldn’t put them into the post. The HTML code being off has nothing to do with the attachments.

It’s easy to link through from the gallery and it’s better to use the DB attached to that for pictures rather than have them spread over two DB’s

Hope that explains it

Cheers
T

Martnz

Jul 31, 2006
Auckland NZ
www.portabyte.com
Thanks Tony, appreciate your advice.

Perhaps I can ask you for some more help...

Have managed to display links that will open a "Gallery" picture in a new browser window. I see posts that have pictures displayed directly within them - this is the bit I cannot accomplish - where am I going wrong!

Thanks and regards,
Martnz

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Martnz, are you saying that you can get the pictures into the gallery, see them in there but don't know how to get them into a post in a thread?

If that's the case then try this.

Get the picture up in the gallery, right click and go to properties, select and copy the address of the picture.

Then in a post use the square button with the yellow background and a mountain, click on that and paste the address into the box. This should put tabs around the address
and then display it in the post as a picture.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick, sorry ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE