Help With Stove Needed...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pete E

Forager
Dec 1, 2004
North Wales
Folks,

I am looking to get an old fashioned single burner petrol or better yet parafinn stove. The sort I am looking for comes as a self contained unit/box you open and the stove complete with tank is inside.

I have seen some ex army double burner versions, but I am looking for something a bit lighter/more portable..

Somebody mentioned you can get Russian copy's of an old Primus design and as long as they are reliable, that would be fine...

Thanks in advance,

Pete

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
The swedish army mess kit is highly recommended! :wink:
Just do a search and you'll come up with loads.... :shock: :biggthump

Pete E

Forager
Dec 1, 2004
North Wales
Thanks For the Ideas...

I had an old Coleman Peak1 and they were good, if some what tempremental but really a bit heavy/bulky for what I want. Coleman do a "Featherlite" but I don't know how much small/lighter it is than the Dual Fuel mentioned above.

With regards the German Ebay, some of the kit there looks very interesting, but I don't feel that comfortable using it...heck, I have avoided using the British ebay up to now!

Having said that if anybody can point me to a page (in english) with more info on those Russian stoves I would be very grateful,

regards,

Pete

neo_wales2000

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2004
wales uk
Pete the Russian stoves you often find on the German ebay, are clones of the Optimus 8r stove, runs on coleman / lighter petrol. I've had several from one supplier who charges €8.50 postage. I've kept a couple for personal use, and posted a couple off to fellow stove collectors in the states. The stoves work well and are good quality. Lighting instructions are the same as the Optimus 8r which you can find at

www.spiritburner.com With regard parafinn stoves, you can pick up an old Primus 96 or 210 cheap on ebay UK and spares can be got at

www.base-camp.co.uk

PS, the Enders stoves are great, I've only got 2, but they are built to last. Good luck with your stove hunt :pack:

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Er from your descpition, the one that springs to mind is this one....
hunter.jpg

I still have one sat in my parents garage somewhere. Simularly I moved onto a Peak1.
As I recall it is a good stove, but very heavy. More a base camp type of item.

They are still manufactured, and are available from Optimus

Hope that might help

Cheers
Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE