Help with Primus stove restoration

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Hi,
hoping someone can point me at resources on how to restore an old Primus stove, unsure of model etc.
Are there any good tutorials and where is a good place to source bits that need replacing?
As ever most grateful for any help.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I can recommend the following for supplying spares for old stove parts. Both of the proprietors are extremely knowledgable and happy to help you out.

Base Camp

The Fettle Box

YouTube is a great source of restoring old camp stoves but there's also Classic Camp Stoves forum where you can get it identified and be advised what you need to do to bring it to life. You can also check out the Vintage Camping Stoves and Lanterns group on Facebook

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
I can recommend the following for supplying spares for old stove parts. Both of the proprietors are extremely knowledgable and happy to help you out.

Base Camp

The Fettle Box

YouTube is a great source of restoring old camp stoves but there's also Classic Camp Stoves forum where you can get it identified and be advised what you need to do to bring it to life. You can also check out the Vintage Camping Stoves and Lanterns group on Facebook

Many thanks, most helpful.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Another recommendation for Base Camp. Their old shop used to be in Littlehampton, a true Aladdins cave of lamps, stoves, and eccentricity. :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Can’t agree with this more, absolute gem of a place through a totally innocuous white door!

They have moved somewhere else now but not sure where?

Peterborough I think. They did need a slightly bigger workshop than the ex hairdressers in Littlehampton. :)

Somewhere on here I put some pics up, I’ll have a look.

A couple here.

Reactions: MrEd

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE