Help please, sword/knife mystery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harmonica

Forager
Jul 16, 2006
Clara Vale, Tyne and Wear
Hi all. Been a while since I’ve been on here. Hope you are all well.

I’ve recently moved house and on packing up found a long knife or maybe short sword that I think I found in my dads garage about 25 years ago and kept without knowing anything about it.

I don’t know if it’s really old or maybe just a replica that’s got a bit rusty.

It’s about 18 inches long, curved with a damascus type patern on the blade. I can’t work out how to post an image but if anyone has some knowledge and could PM me (or tell me how to post a picture!!) I’d be very grateful

Thanks so much

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Imgur is very easy to use once you know a couple of things. if you are on a PC or laptop, save the pics (in Jpeg or jpg format) from phone or camera to desktop and use the small paperclip "attach files" button below left. I'm not sure if there is a size limit on using the forums attach

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Single edged or double edged? Does it have any kind of fuller? What kind of grip does it have, full or rats tail tang? All of that kind of information would give some clues.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE