Help needed- kit supplier

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Hi guys, who in your opinon is the biggest supplier of surplus kit around? I actually want to go to a place and look at the gear before I buy it. I have a shopping list as long as my arm and also need new boots, my new accountant got me lots of dosh back!

Sandsnakes

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
For just boots Blacks is very good usually, they are expensive though but if you find out what size fits by going there you can always look on ebay!!

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi guys, who in your opinon is the biggest supplier of surplus kit around? I actually want to go to a place and look at the gear before I buy it. I have a shopping list as long as my arm and also need new boots, my new accountant got me lots of dosh back!

Sandsnakes

Not from experience, but if I were to go to one, if I was in the UK, it would be:
- Silvermans (London)
- Endicotts (Exeter)

HTH ;)

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Since you are in London, Silvermans has got to be the obvious choice.
There's two good other otions. I live in Kent (not sure where in London you are, but if in south east London, or near the A2/M2 then these may be good for you) and there's Platoon Stores in Rochester (very good, and geared toward bushcrafters etc) and also Golding Surplus in Canterbury and Herne Bay (Herne Bay store is the bigger and main one. But I've only been to the Canterbury one since I work in Canterbury) which has frequent odd things. You can Google either for an address.
Don't know what you're after, but I would suggest Platoon Stores in Rochester in the first instance - closer to London and bigger than Golding (and Rochester has a splendid castle - tallest keep in England - built by the same man who built the Tower of London, and I once spent the night in there on a ghost hunting night. Didn't see anything, but it was bloody terrifying).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE