Help me indentify a Loch/Area

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Hi Guys and Gals, i need help identifying a area/Loch in Scotland. I only have one pic to go by. I know it's not much, but maybe one of our members recognises the place or possibly took the pic in question.

Cheers Stevie.

Here's the pic.
wildcamping_zps141f0fb7.jpg

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
I found the same image on this website: http://www.wildreviews.co.uk/greenjack-on-chaga.php but don't see any clues at to where it is, apart from the blogger stating it's somewhere in the north of Scotland.

I'm guessing the blogger is keeping the location secret to protect the chaga supplies...

Yip, That's the site i found the pic. now all we have to do is get our collective heads together and hunt down the area. I have fished all over the north west highlands to some degree and this place does look familiar. well, familiar for north west Scotland. so could be anywhere from Callander to Tyndrum to Mallaig to Durness..could even be further east..Anywhere. All i know it's near a old Caledonian Forrest somewhere...c'mon guys, Give me something to aim for in the spring.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
It's the hidden loch in the secret glen, sorry I cannot help Stevie777, now I am intrigued, great quiz question for a New Year revelation.

rorymax

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
It's the hidden loch in the secret glen, sorry I cannot help Stevie777, now I am intrigued, great quiz question for a New Year revelation.

rorymax
Cant be that hidden as someone obviously found it...Talk about finding hidden things. I've lost two boxes of some of my best flies. Turned this house upside down today had to give up as my sore finger was giving me gip.. Nothing. Now i wont sleep good tonight wondering what has become of them. Bah.. :(

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
I think its either Cul Mhor (Coigach peninsula) or one of the Torridon hills. Cul Mhor gets my vote but it doesn't quite (perhaps on purpose) match his video.

I'm not convinced his video is all of the same trip as IMO that part of the world isn't best for Chaga hunting. Lot of the trees are regenerated growth, Chaga seems to prefer knarly old stands of birch.

Matt77

Dec 6, 2014
Scotland
The video that is on the site definitely has shots of Glencoe and Glen Nevis, and possibly Glen Etive. (source : I'm local)

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
No GPS information in the EXIF data... seems to been taken on the 3rd of January 2007

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
The video that is on the site definitely has shots of Glencoe and Glen Nevis, and possibly Glen Etive. (source : I'm local)

Didn't think of Glen Coe, Glen Nevis or Glen Etive when i first saw the pic..didn't seem mountainous enough. could be a 15 mile walk over a few peaks though. 28 seconds into the video does look like Rannock Moor leading into Glen Coe though and the piper could be stood at the Burger Van just above the Bridge of Orcy. Still tells us nothing though.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE