Help me find a bill hook!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tommyd345

Nomad
Feb 2, 2015
Norfolk
So a little while ago I remember a thread and billhooks were mentioned. I followed a link and found some lovely hand solid billhooks for a very reasonable price.

My searches have proved fruitless so was hoping you lovely chaps will be able to help me out finding them!

As I say, reasonably priced, solid billhooks
Thanks!

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
for vintage then Car boot sale or ebay. The websites selling vintage billhooks seem to think they are literally worth thier weight in gold

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Car boots definitely... Some good stuff on those.
I'm still looking for an elusive adze (tight curved one for bowls/kuksas) ...

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
We are so lucky here we have a farmers market the last Sat of each month great for vintage tools, this month we bought a at least a 100 year old mattock.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I use one of these not your standard bill hook but a very versatile tool, a local hire place used to sell them for £12 but that was a few years so the price here dont seem bad,
http://www.radmoretucker.co.uk/cate...s_Bush_Hook/?gclid=COLW49y6-M4CFYtahgodc-IAKg

Thats the only billhook i own. Light and fast enough to be pressed into machete work but still with decent chopping power
A full hook too for dragging brush. Very useful for me, that hook does get in the way a bit for some chopping tasks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE