help i know nothing.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Help please I know nothing about mushrooms and when i was out walking the dogs i saw these and they looked like a shroom in my books but I cant find the book at the moment. Can somebody please Identify. So I can have them for my tea if that is possible.

P8060001.jpg

P8060002.jpg

P8060003.jpg

I picked a couple as i saw a little old lady grabbing a load the other day.

I have to to clean out my kit as my books are in there somewhere.

Thanks in advance and s.orry if these are so obvious that they turn out to be a no brainer for people. Shrooms is something i really know nothing about.

Greg

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
Hi,
They look like inkcaps. You have to be tee-total to eat these, as if you drink withing 3 days of digesting them you'll have a very nasty reaction :)

I believe the only safe version of inkcaps to pick are the `shaggy` ones. I would however still not eat them as I'm not tee-total!

Also it's good to note down the location of the mushrooms. e.g. is it on grass, verge or woodland, types of trees etc. It all helps with the identification, as some speciese are specific to their environments.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi,
They look like inkcaps. You have to be tee-total to eat these, as if you drink withing 3 days of digesting them you'll have a very nasty reaction :)

I believe the only safe version of inkcaps to pick are the `shaggy` ones. I would however still not eat them as I'm not tee-total!

Also it's good to note down the location of the mushrooms. e.g. is it on grass, verge or woodland, types of trees etc. It all helps with the identification, as some speciese are specific to their environments.

:eek: 3 whole days without drinking ? Looks like ill never get to try one of those then.....

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
they look like shaggy inkcaps Coprinus comatus. Supposedly only the C. atramentarius the common ink cap has an antibuse effect, but some books say differant. Personally i don't think either are much cop for eating. I don't drink much alcohol anyway. I advise anyone not to get to drunk after eating any unfamiliar foods as it hides poisoning symptoms.

You can eat them but as for a drink after I don't know. I have drunk 2 units (well it gets me drunk) the day after eating them and been fine.

Eat them quickly though they will turn to black mush overnight

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
i really dont see you can be that desperate to eat Shrroooooms, but if you are give them to the dog next time and wait an hour if the dog is still moving eat them, if the poor thing isnt - eat the dog, Works well for me after a few dogs you can make a bone stool, See productivity let nothing go to waste! , i should teach this stuff to schools

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Ours will eat just about anything - the smellier the better :yikes: . I'll continue to refrain from eating poochies too if you end up with bone stools :aargh4:

stardust

Oct 15, 2007
somerset
I picked something almost identical to these and thought vaguely about eating them, but they also started to turn by the time I got them home.

Maybe they are only ment to be eaten if they are growing on your doorstep at the exact moment you're hungry, so you can cook them straight out the ground.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE