Hello from Winchester

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

twyforge

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2013
Winchester
Hi I'm Thomas, I'm twelve years old and I live in the Winchester area. I'm enthusiastic about all things bushcrafty, am into making tools and knives. I do some basic forging, but am looking to learn lots more on the forum.

Thanks,

Thomas

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello Thomas and welcome to the forum :)

I hope you enjoy the site, but I have one very serious thing I must ask you to do.

As you get to know people on the site, and presumably become involved in things, we need you to be very clear about your age if you have any interest in buying or swapping knives. You wouldn't get into bother with the police over this, but anyone who unknowingly sold you one could very easily find themselves in a lot of bother. By law, eighteen is the age you need to be to purchase a knife.

That's it really :) This is a family friendly site, lot of range in the topics and interests, and you aren't the only youth member by any means.

Have a read and join the conversations. You must already have done a power of work if you're forging even basic stuff. Do you have family helping ?

cheers,
Toddy

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
Hello and welcome. Toddy speaks the truth be very open with your age mate . I also agree with woodpoet its very nice to see someone your age on here rather than facebook . By the time your my age your be the next Uncle ray !! . Enjoy the site mate

Paddytray .;

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
hello there young man and welcome, i hope you enjoy it on the forum there, are lots of very knowlegable and highly skillful people on here that are more than willing to help you on your way.

twyforge

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2013
Winchester
hi everyone
thanks for the replies, am really looking forward to getting into the forum. thanks for the pointers, i wouldnt really swap knives, am just looking for advice and stuff.
i just have a really basic brick forge in the garden, bottom blast with a hairdryer as the air supply, my dad helps a bit but its mainly just what i do when i have some free time on my hands. sorry for the late reply, i was on a scout camp over the weekend.

thanks,
thomas

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE