Hello from the West

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 23, 2011
Westcountry
Hello,

Just thought I would do the polite thing and introduce myself.

I am a young chap in my 20s, used to do lots of wild camping with my old man when I was a kid (I am from Norway originally, where wild camping is the norm).
Looking to get back into it now, seeing as I live out west its not too far from Dartmoor.
Money is tight so the past year or so I have just been getting kit together and testing it out.

Found this forum here, read alot of good advice from it already, so I thought I would contribute as well. :)

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Welcome to the BCUK virtual campfire superfuzzy!
I've done a fair bit of camping in Norway & Dartmoor myself (great places to go!), I hope you enjoy the forum.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
There is a group of us meeting up on Dartmoor next weekend... hopefully if that goes well we will be organising another meet sometime soon. We have quite a active group of us in Somerset/Devon so keep an eye out for anything you might wanna get involved with.

Most importantly have fun and enjoy

J

Mar 23, 2011
Westcountry
There is a group of us meeting up on Dartmoor next weekend... hopefully if that goes well we will be organising another meet sometime soon. We have quite a active group of us in Somerset/Devon so keep an eye out for anything you might wanna get involved with.

Most importantly have fun and enjoy

J
Sounds excellent, would be nice to go with someone else who has been there before!
Greg said:
Welcome to the BCUK virtual campfire superfuzzy!
I've done a fair bit of camping in Norway & Dartmoor myself (great places to go!), I hope you enjoy the forum.
Oh cool, whereabouts in Norway?
Ive been around Pembrokeshire, actually, beautiful area. Lovely beaches :cool:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Oh cool, whereabouts in Norway?
Ive been around Pembrokeshire, actually, beautiful area. Lovely beaches :cool:

Bergen, Voss, Granvik, Trondheim, Bardufoss, Narvik and quite a few other places besides! I spent 5 full winters in Norway with the Army so I got about quite a bit!
As for Pembrokeshire, it is a great place to live & work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE