Hello from South Australia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 31, 2014
South Australia
Hi all,

Kyall here from South Australia. Have been lurking around the forum reading for a while and eventually decided to sign up. Also a member of the Australian Bushcraft forum and was hoping to get a different, UK perspective on the art! Seems to be a huge wealth of knowledge on here!
Im a keen knife collector and generally outdoors whenever i can hiking, camping, hunting, surfing, diving etc.

Look forward to gaining some more knowledge!

Last edited by a moderator:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Greetings to a bushcrafter from a country with a lot of bush, i've heard it is hot down there in Australia but didn't realise it was as hot as hell? :)

nic a char

Settler
Dec 23, 2014
scotland
Edward Kynaston - Book of the Bush = my nostalgia reading - that and some gum leaves to sniff! From a fellow Aussie here in Bonnie Scotland

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Kyall,
Welcome to BCUK, hope you enjoy it here. An old fellow countryman of yours who was a customer of mine gave me a great book called "The Bush on Boot & Ski" that he wrote about touring in the Blue Mountains. Seems to be a womderfull place.
Look forward to hearing of your trips.
ATB,
GB.

Sent via smokesignal from a woodland in Scotland.

Dec 31, 2014
South Australia
Thanks very much! I have spent a little time in the blue mountains... beautiful area! I must keep an eye out for his book.
Aussie bush is quite beautiful... Very different it seems from the lovely english woods and moors I have seen in documentaries etc.

Hi Kyall,
Welcome to BCUK, hope you enjoy it here. An old fellow countryman of yours who was a customer of mine gave me a great book called "The Bush on Boot & Ski" that he wrote about touring in the Blue Mountains. Seems to be a womderfull place.
Look forward to hearing of your trips.
ATB,
GB.

Sent via smokesignal from a woodland in Scotland.

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Welcome. BC people from all over the world in here. I'm old enough to sit and carve.
4yrs Uni/Melbourne. Lots of time up top from the Bogong High Plains to Jindabyne and Kosiusko, both summer and winter.
The most enjoyable camping trips of my life.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE