Hello all

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
G

Glade

Hello everybody, I've been a member for a couple of weeks but haven't posted yet because I've been busy reading through the archives. I did a fair bit of camping in my youth, much of it with the boy scouts, but I'm not exactly steeped in bushcraft; not by a long way. My interest here is likely to be focussed on wild foods and foraging - a subject on which I'm largely ignorant so I have much to learn, although I've learned a surprising amount already from the archives, and the wealth of useful links contained therein.

I'm male, over-forty, and I'm an electronics engineer, with a special interest in anything to do with component-level electronics; I see you already have some electronics expertise here in the form of at least a couple of licensed radio amateurs. If you want to know anything about voltage, current, resistance, power supplies, using a multimeter, interpreting readings from a multimeter, etc., or anything to do with components - resistors, capacitors, diodes, transistors, etc. then just let me know and I'll help out where I can.

That's about long enough for an intro eh - I'm pleased to be joining the community.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Welcome to the forum. Its a friendly place to shelter most of the time.

Llike all things the more questions you ask the more you will get from it. there are some very skilled folk on here.

I used to work in Surface Mount looking after Seimens machines.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Welcome Glade,
Electronics eh! Well I can get a torch to work, two times out of three ;)
I think I'll stick to spanners for a living :rolleyes: :cool:

ATB

Ogri the trog

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Welcome to the gang, Glade. As per your offers of help with the electronics stuff, the same goes across the board here on BCUK with help and answrs to those questions that you might ever have on Bushy-type questions. You'll soon find that the folks here will pass on knowledge faster than just about anywhere else on the web if you join in.

I have a 3-Stage degree in electronics engineering. If something electronic doesn't work, First stage is to swear at it. Second stage is to shout at it. Third stage is to thump it. If none of the above makes it behave, I give up and find something to play with that I understand ! :lmao:

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
Hi Glade and welcome. I've just started learning a little about wild foods too. Early days though - I'd definitely starve if I had to rely on what I know.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE