Hello all

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
I started this interest about 2 months ago. First off i started fishing again, i do both sea fishing and course - i think fishing is a part of bushcraft.

I have always watched animal docs, kept my own tropical fish, i often bumped into ray mears's programs due to flicking around the documentary channels. I started watching it alot and have gotten inspired.
So, i want to see wild animals (especially an owl - found my first pellet today!) and try out many tasks and stuff in a ray mears book i bought. I also cant resist swimming in every deep river i find, haha.

I have been doing alot of walking to find good forests - disappointed with what i am finding but they will have to do. I am going to go camping soon-ish and maybe with my younger cousin.
My tools are limited to - no knife (i just lost 2) and a saw. no tent yet or sleeping mat. I found something that i think can be used as flint, i am also going to try and get good at lighting fires.

see you all in the forums!

Last edited:

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Welcome Brocktor.
Another candidate for the Bushcraft Viet-Taff eh?
Don't be afriad to jump in, the knowledge base here is massive.

ATB

Ogri the trog

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
A big welcome Brocktor. You need very little kit to get a huge amount of bushcraft. I look forward to your enthusiasm for fire lighting. I guess you might need a knife - what is your sort of knife?

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
welcome brocktor, as rich 59 said you dont need much kit to do alot of bushcraft, a knife and a few other things and you will be on your way
see you on the forums mate
leon

Spark

Forager
Jun 18, 2006
nr. Bristol
bcd.awardspace.info
Firstly, welcome to the forums. My interest in Bushhcraft also started out from learning about firelighting. Good luck.
I was in Pontypridd/Hopkinstown last week with some close relatives.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Hiya broktor..... A very warm welcome to you... I see you are another local, bushcraft seems to be very popular in our area :D Any questions you have please just feel free to ask.

:)
Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE