Hello all from Oxfordshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rumi

Forager
Hi All

I've just been reading the posts in the welcome section and this looks like one of the friendliest and hospitable Bc Forums I have as yet come across which really reflects the attitude of how Bc'ers' should be in the wild. Oh.. I have forgotten to introduce myself.. Im Rumi from Oxford (thats where I live at the moment & for the foreseeable future).

I have been practicing Bc for about 20 years at various different levels and in many different environments though I am by no means an expert and it has only been in the last 2-3 years I have been more open in sharing expertise and teaching. I am by no means an expert and I don't think a day goes by when I don't discover some new thing, some new use for a plant, or a stone which can be used in a new way, some new as yet unexperienced animal behavior or some moment which holds me in rapture.

I am a great believer in experimentation and adaptation, pushing the boundaries and I think this is probably how our ancestors were so successful at Bc. I don't think it is enough to be able to light a fire in one particular way, or to only make the same type of shelter over and over again. Sorry I sound very opinionated, this is just what I believe.

I'm very much a homesteader, growing a lot of my own food, foraging for some of it, living off grid and trying to raise a family in the best way possible...

Well thats me, if I haven't put it here and you want to ask, just ask..

Rumi

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Welcome Rumi
Glad you like it here and you're most welcome
Are you in Summer town or Wolvercote?
I know Wytham very well although don't live there

bgharv

Dec 9, 2010
West Oxfordshire
Bushcrafters in Oxfordshire! Fantastic! Good to know you exist!

So im new, this is my 1st post, I live in Witney at the mo, i recently shoved my shift managers job to go part time as im at Brookes Uni now.
I've been, like anyone here, mucking around outside since i was a kid. Im no expert but ive learned a few things over the years, often the hard way but then you dont forget! Me and a friend often go out overnight, just bivvy it up and enjoy being away from it all! Although we dont go as often as i like due to work and things getting in the way!
If anyone wants to meet up to practice some skills please do give me a shout, although its great to have your own space its eqaully great sharing your knowledge and having a laugh,

Harvey

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE