Helle Harding.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
The knife arrived today and was seriously sharp out of the box, in fact, it took more hair off my arm than my Gene Ingram did out of the box. Well impressed there!

There's no secondary grind on the blade so no re-working that, also a big plus point... It's Helle's tri-laminated stainless and you can actually see the transition between the two steels.

The handle is fairly well finished and provides good grip for me, Eloise said it feels comfy and secure so that's the important bit. Last thing I want is for her to be cutting herself with it as it slips out of her hand :yikes:

It's also very light in the hand and I think this is going to reduce fatigue in the long run which is good.

The sheath is nowhere near as good as my Ingram one but I didn't expect it to be so don't go thinking I'm disappointed :wink:
The leather is quite a bit thinner but still holds the knife very securely and even though I think it may loosen up a bit faster than the Ingram it has a loop of leather with a punched hole that clips over the knife handle... This knife is not falling out of its sheath, a simple but elegant solution.

Basically, I'm well impressed with this knife. It looks and feels a lot more expensive than it is and although I haven't used it yet, I get the impression that it's going to last for a good few years to come.

I'd like to thank SteveUK for giving me the link to JLS, they offered good fast service and although their online ordering isn't secure, the guy was more than happy to answer some questions on the telephone :biggthump I ordered it Wednesday afternoon at 4pm(ish) and it arrived today by royal mail very well packaged.

I'd also like to thank Eloise for giving me an excuse to buy another knife :rolmao:

Anyway, here's a pic next to my Ingram (which I love to bits!) and that's about it.

655eloises_helle_harding.jpg

Cheers

Joe

Borderer

Jul 13, 2011
Borders
I have had a harding for 6 years, its a very good knife, I have used it for gralloching and skinning deer and filleting fish and once to dispatch an injured deer at the side of the road. It has lasted well and shows no real signs of wear appart from the hole in the top of the sheath to retain the knife has slackened somewhat meaning it is a little easier to pop off than I'd like, I might need to pop a wee stitch in it to tighten it up again.

Ruud

Jun 29, 2012
Belgium
www.rudecheers.wordpress.com
I own a Helle Harding, I found it in the woods!!!! it was dull so I had to sharpen it. I used a DC 4 stone to do this.
20 minutes later it was shaving sharp. The handle was extremely dirty, but this was also easy to clean.

I use the Harding everytime I go to Sweden. I like it so much that I even let my Fallkniven F1 in the backpack.

The only negative point for me personally is that I can't use it with a firesteel by using the back of the blade. I'm going to try to modify the back a bit so it can produce sparks, not sure if this will work....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE