Hedgehog Spaghetti Marinara

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sameold

Nov 2, 2005
Hampshire
Couldn't believe this in The Times but check this guy out! He even eats labrador! :eek:

Fed up with Jamie? So try roadkill - rat or badger

Serves 4. 500g spaghetti, 30ml olive oil, 250g lean hedgehog, 1 medium onion chopped, 125ml water, 60ml dry white wine, 4 eggs, 60ml double cream, 100g Parmesan cheese (grated).

Chop hedgehog into small chunks. Beat eggs and cream with a fork in a bowl. Add half the Parmesan. Put pasta in boiling water. Put onions and hedgehog chunks in a pan with olive oil on medium heat until onions are almost clear. Add wine and reduce heat. Do not let meat crisp. Drain pasta when cooked, then combine with egg, cream and cheese mix. Add meat, onions and wine without draining fat and mix. Garnish with rest of Parmesan and serve immediately.

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
Cool, I am not sure if I would dare myself though.

I have this disgust for meateater's intestines. And I feel that their meat reeks naturally.

If I had to live of the land, I would probably eat every animal that was killed. The northern peoples used to be a lot less picky before they got guns. Nowadays all people will eat is ungulates.

Torjus Gaaren

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Cooking Pot said:

Serves 4. 500g spaghetti, 30ml olive oil, 250g lean hedgehog, 1 medium onion chopped, 125ml water, 60ml dry white wine, 4 eggs, 60ml double cream, 100g Parmesan cheese (grated).

Chop hedgehog into small chunks. Beat eggs and cream with a fork in a bowl. Add half the Parmesan. Put pasta in boiling water. Put onions and hedgehog chunks in a pan with olive oil on medium heat until onions are almost clear. Add wine and reduce heat. Do not let meat crisp. Drain pasta when cooked, then combine with egg, cream and cheese mix. Add meat, onions and wine without draining fat and mix. Garnish with rest of Parmesan and serve immediately.

Sounds good! Obviously an accomplished cook but lousy Italian.

It should be Spaghetti Riccio con panna

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE