Headsup - Campbed for a tenner

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
http://www.askari-fishing.co.uk/__W...re/beds/salmo-extra-large-camp-bed/detail.jsf

No affiliation with, just a happy customer

Currently with 20% off on top of the already reduced price
8452907467108400.jpg

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
When you try to checkout it tells you that minimum order leverl has not been met and there is no "Proceed" button to finialise the transaction.

Pity, looks just the ticket.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I found a travel boat rod on the site too which takes me above the minimum order (with 2 folding camp beds). I was just ordereing when I realised my wallet is missing!

If I find it i'll order these anyway.

My wife will go bonkers if one more parcel turns up!

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Ok folks,
I did order two of these and used them for the first time last weekend.

DON'T BUY IT!

It's absolutely rubbish.
The canvas is secured to the metal of the chairs with PLASTIC screw receptors. I'm 14 stone and when I opened the bed out and stretched out, the first thing was that I could feel the metal bars in numerous places making it very uncomfortable. Secondly, the first time I (gently) turned over, all four of the retaining screws "popped" out leaving me in a heap of twisted metal.
The next night I set up the second new one hoping it was a duff one-off, but alas no. The second one behaved in exactley the same manner.

When I returned home I had a closer look and discovered even the long thin screws securing the metal legs to the plastic feet were falling out with no help from me.
I have photos if anyone's interested but for God sake don't waste your money.

Feedback has been given to the supplier but I'm not expecting an answer.

Richie

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
No affiliation and all that ( don't know if you have to say that when you are rubbishing someone's product ) but i can vouch for what Richie is saying , as i turned up at his pitch at 7.30am , and he was not a happy bunny !

Seconded , the build quality is crap !!!

Don't do it !

Ivan...

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
No affiliation and all that ( don't know if you have to say that when you are rubbishing someone's product ) but i can vouch for what Richie is saying , as i turned up at his pitch at 7.30am , and he was not a happy bunny !

Seconded , the build quality is crap !!!

Don't do it !

Ivan...

You did indeed Arry. Just don't tell them about the "faulty" DD Hammock! :rolleyes:

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
The rod was fine, but I would say it isn't as good as the one from Lidl I picked up for a poultry £6.99.
You can't have too many rods imo. :eek:

As for the bed, it weighs 5KG (11lb) but if your willing to put up with the weight then your money is better spent on THIS.

For those interested, Aldi are doing water proof duffle bags 44ltr at £7.99 each.

It will be interesting to see what the retailer has to say though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE