Heads Up - Mini Camping Lantern

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Bad Stu

Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
Shropshire
Hi Guys,

I have just got a mini LED camping lantern from my local Maplins Store after my mate next door showed me his.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=48560&doy=31m8

At £4.99 it is not going to break the bank. It is robustly made and I will use it as a lamp in hammock for reading.

It is super bright with a clever reflector directly above the LED. The burn time is quoted at 25 hours. It takes a flat watch type battery which I would expect is readily available from Maplins. It is also tiny so it wn't take up too much room and weighs next to nothing.

It is also supplied with a natty little carabiner which will be most useful elsewhere in my kit.:rolleyes:

I am synical about kit and apart from the need for special batteries I cannot find a downside to this little lantern.

I have no connection with Maplins etc. etc.

Stewey.:D

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Cheers Stewey

My only concern with them when I've seen them before is the runtime issue. 25 hours seems pretty good but those small batteries then to have a runtime graph that looks kind of like inverse exponential i.e. good start but runs down quick with a loooong tail. after about 5 hours i would imagine it would have dropped quite a bit but will keep running for a while, albeit with a low output

frankly for that money its a bargain so good catch!

another useful point is that if you need those batteries it can often work out cheaper to buy a whole load of button cell fauxton type lights from china and butcher them and take the batteries out (can be about 25p each)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE