Mini Moot Pics

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Mesquite

Anyone for sailing?
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Thought I'd share my pics from last weekends Mini Moot which was kindly hosted by Wayne Jones and Beth from Forest Knights Bushcraft at their site near to Arundel.

It's a beautiful site and is part of a larger 250 acre woodland which Wayne uses.

My home for the weekend

The view from my pitch, it really is a wonderful wood.

The first fire of the weekend

I didn't fancy Chicken in the Woods so I had Steak in the Woods instead :)

Being a mini moot I had to fly the flag and no Wayne, it's not the Chile national flag :lmao:

A bit of retro kit with my folding candle lantern.

Additional illumination was provided by a couple my baby hurricane lanterns

A couple fire faces, I can see a mouse and a whale :)

Morning in the woods.

Was made perfect by a fresh cup of coffee.

Tim did a delicious looking mountain man breakfast for him and his friends. Sadly there wasn't any leftovers :)

Last edited:

Mesquite

Anyone for sailing?
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Had to split the post due to image restriction.

So for my main stove I used my little Svea 123R which I really love.

Paul and Zoe did a bit of swinging whilst they were in the woods :)

Whilst there I decided to carve an adjustable pot hook and waugun suspension rig. It was really satisfying doing some simple but practical carving

Obviously I had to use it once carved and I'm pleased to say it did an admirable job suspending my dinner over the fire whilst it cooked :)

Saturday night's dinner was an Indian night feast beautifully cooked by Beth and Wayne from Forest Knights.
There were at least 3 different curries, Bombay potatoes, a lentil dhal, onion bhajis, fresh naan bread baked in the onsite tandoori and some additional side dishes. Needless to say I was well stuffed by the time I finished eating :D

Just chilling out around the fire

Last edited:

Mesquite

Anyone for sailing?
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Man chat out in the sunshine

One of Wayne's baby hurricane lanterns which I think could be a baby Feuerhand

Bushcraft TV

More gratuitous campfire shots ;)

Can't have enough campfire shots :)

That's it for my pictures though I know there were a lot more taken by other attendees which they'll hopefully share as well.

It was a great time spent in some wonderful woods with good friends, a lot of laughter and enjoyment just chilling out.

My thanks to Wayne for letting us share his woods and just being able to de stress after what's been a very difficult time both for myself and everyone else.

Last edited:

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
looks like an awesome time. Pot hanger looks great, plenty of adjustment on it :)

if you don't mind me asking what is your fire stove? Really fancy something like that

Mesquite

Anyone for sailing?
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
looks like an awesome time. Pot hanger looks great, plenty of adjustment on it :)

if you don't mind me asking what is your fire stove? Really fancy something like that

Thanks, it was fun carving and I got a bit carried away :lmao:

My firepit's a folding bbq I got from Aldi awhile ago. It's a nice size and handles some decent sized wood as well.

Same as this one but was cheaper at the time, I think I paid £14.99.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

Nice65

Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Very nice spot. I love the woodland around here, I should have popped over and said hello to you all, I’m only a few miles away in Singleton. Had the grandson too, he’d have enjoyed it.

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES

The price is £27 and you can pay via the paypal button below.