Heads up. Lidl

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
Telescopic walking poles by B Square Aluminium
Pair Down from 11.99 to 7.99.
Extends from 69cm to 135cm

Ideal for bivi/basha poles

Got to be a good deal at that price.

GS

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Telescopic walking poles by B Square Aluminium
Pair Down from 11.99 to 7.99.
Extends from 69cm to 135cm

Ideal for bivi/basha poles

Got to be a good deal at that price.

GS

Nice one Gunslinger, i looked at those the last time they had them in but never got them.
Thanks for the heads up.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I was in Lidl the other day gunslinger and I had a look at them most of them where pulled apart at the twistock I had a fiddle around with one to see if it was broken, anyway it didnt seem to good.As you say for that price you cant go wrong really and it could be people who dont know how they work pulling them about that damaged them.

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
They are in store now , I think they were last weeks special but they have loads left so have been reduced.
They are twist lock so if you open the fully then you will be able to slide the tube right out,but it pops back in and works fine,so not sure why that would be a problem.
I have locked mine at full extension and with my 18.5 stone leaning on them ,they don't budge at all.

They are apparently Nordic walking poles (whatever that is) so whether they are any good as trekking poles I have no idea,but for £7.99 they make good adjustable basha poles.

My local one on Marsh Barton Exeter has them in stock.

The other thing I bought was a pair of pocket binoculars as I was very impressed by the optics,and if they break, for £5.99 I am not worried.

GS

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Yep , ditto the Bino's , I made alittle pig out of myself , bought both the large and the small pair for £5.99 and £14.99 ( i think ) also pcik up a couple litle bum bag/fanny pack ( for the usa guys ) which are ok for the grand price of £2.69 each.

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
They are apparently Nordic walking poles (whatever that is)

Nordic walking is some kind of more-active walking. It's something in between walking, running and jumping ;)
Appears to be quite a hype in Belgium, even my grandmother does it! Can't be too bad...
No clue what the difference would be compared to trekking poles though...

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Nordic walking is some kind of more-active walking. It's something in between walking, running and jumping ;)
Appears to be quite a hype in Belgium, even my grandmother does it! Can't be too bad...
No clue what the difference would be compared to trekking poles though...

Its cross country skiing without skis :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE