heads up lads and lasses !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
I bought a Defence 4 earlier this year and was really impressed by the feel of it, the quality seemed spot on and I think the central zip would have been great for in the hammock, plus the water repellency of them appeals.

I sold it on before using it though, it took up about half of my pack and weighed over 2kg. Would love to have kept it for car camping or where I know i'm not going to have to walk too far but needed the funds to put towards another sleeping bag.

Matt

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
I bought a Defence 4 earlier this year and was really impressed by the feel of it, the quality seemed spot on and I think the central zip would have been great for in the hammock, plus the water repellency of them appeals.

I sold it on before using it though, it took up about half of my pack and weighed over 2kg. Would love to have kept it for car camping or where I know i'm not going to have to walk too far but needed the funds to put towards another sleeping bag.

Matt
I dont really go back packing with my hammock so that will be fine

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
You gotta be crazy to buy a sleeping bag that weighs nearly 2kg and takes up half the volume of your rucksack!

That depends on the size of your rucksack somewhat, does'nt it? My Defence 4 200 fits perfectly into the bottom sleeping bag section of my 85 litre rucksack when using the compression bag. What else is that bit for;)

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Its not difficult chaps but Im confused lol.
Would anyone reccomend this as a winter bag?
Or does anyone think there is better for a similar price point?
Cheers
Steve

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
I ordered one and it arrived today. Thanks Northumbrian!
The size is 200, but it doesn't seem overly big. I had a quick try out on the landing and I didn't find loads of extra room (I'm only ickle). It's got a pillow included in it too! At first it had me confused as it sticks out the top but it seems to work well. The stuffsack is good with vertical and horizontal compression but it is heavy; I usually use dry bags for my sleeping bags.
All in all I'm very impressed!

Claudiasboris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE