heads up folding saw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
not sure if this has been featured before, had a quick look and I didn't see anything. so... popped into Asda yesterday evening to waste a bit of time mooching about. came across this folding saw, Asda's own brand and looked the part so I bought one. Here it is for comparison alongside my Laplander.

similar in size to the Laplander, but with a thicker blade and heavier. the handle is rubberised and very comfy far nicer than the Bahco I think and cuts on the reverse pull. another bonus is a locking safety feature on the top of the handle. if somehow the catch gets caught or is accidentally pressed, the blade will only half close without a further press on the red lever. all in all this is a solid and very sturdy saw and I think this is a great buy at only £3.75! :)

Last edited:

Disco1

Settler
Jan 31, 2015
UK
I do prefer the colour of asda one, the Lidl one is bright yellow. Like yourself I like the idea of the "double lock"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE