Heads Up - Folding Firebox Stove - Free Delivery From USA

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I'd recommend the Emberlit. I had the stainless steel version (11.3 oz), and not only is it very strong - see some of the videos on youtube with 6 galls of water on it! - but they now also do a titanium version (5.45 oz) which they say is as strong as the s/s one. (Sold the SS one to fund a TI purchase). The cross-pieces allow the use of any sized pot, which not all stoves do.

Apart from the flat-pack nature, strength and weight, the main benefit to me is that you can continuously feed long lengths of wood into the stove, rather than all the hassle of cutting up small twigs and trying to feed them into the top of a stove around the edges of the pot. Its not just a hassle-saver, it also makes it easier to control the heat of the stove by withdrawing the wood, or just using the charcoal from the burnt wood to simmer with.

treetop57

Forager
Sep 1, 2012
dumfrieshire
Mmmm - just been to look, not seen before :)newbie:). Like the look and will fit my billy too. You said Tesco's have them?

Ah, went to look at http://www.bushcraftliving.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8041 so think I understand - you build it yourself, right? Can't do that.
yes it's not that hard just need some one to cut a hole about 2 in from bottom (not your bottom ) about 4x2 you don't have to put legs on like mine i made three copper legs which turn up for storage

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Good call on the Emberlit. I'm just in talks with the manufacturer about another GB which considering the excellent price I have been offered I may limit just to Titanium. It's half the weight so I can get more over here for the money. If it looks like it will go ahead then I'll post a thread.

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
still prefer my ASDA drainer Hobo as it requires virtually no difficult assembly and takes up no real pack space fitting the outside of the billy snugly

oh and it can take a Gas or liquid fuel burner head to ;)

Sounds cool. Out of interest, how do you use a gas or liquid burner with it? Is much bodging (err... engineering :) ) required?

I use an Ikea drainer for my hobo, but not sure how I'd get a gas burner in there.

treetop57

Forager
Sep 1, 2012
dumfrieshire
Sounds cool. Out of interest, how do you use a gas or liquid burner with it? Is much bodging (err... engineering :) ) required?

I use an Ikea drainer for my hobo, but not sure how I'd get a gas burner in there.
i kept the bit i cut out to use as a shelf on top of two tent pegs that was to use a meths penny stove not sure how a gas stove would fit and what the point would be may be wind brake

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE