Heads up - Fjallraven at TK Maxx

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 17, 2008
Hampshire
Following a heads-up posted on BB to the effect that TK Maxx had some Fjallraven stock, I called at the Newtownabbey branch last evening. A bit of a disappointment, as all they had was one Johke jacket in XXBFB size. This morning I was at the Boucher Road, Belfast store when it opened, and am now the owner of a Marma smock for £68.50. They had several different styles and sizes, all at decent prices.

It's not clear whether this stock is in NI only, but maybe worth a look.

There were also some down jackets by another Scandinavian manufacturer, and large quantities of Craghoppers Kiwi trousers.

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
funny old place is TK Maxx. Most times you find rack after rack of utter rubbish, then you occasionally find some good stuff. Got a nice wool shirt there once, and I did see one time shorty drizabones (which I stupidly didn't pick up). Just gotta be lucky really.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I agree T K Maxx is really hit or miss. I never make a point of going there but I will always pop in if I'm driving past one just in case there's something in there. When I do find something it is often such a bargain that it was worth the times I found nothing.

It pays to look in the wrong place too. For example I found a Craghopper's baselayer amongst the t-shirts and walking pants with the ski equipment. Also check out those circular racks they have at the ends of the isles as they can have some good outdoor gear on them sometimes.

The bargain rail can bring up some excellent finds too. I got a pair of Fjallraven waterproof over trousers for a tenner on one of those and some Craghoppers fleece lined winter trousers for 12 quid.

Mostly when people mention what gear they have found it is not available in the stores I visit. I never did find any Danner Boots in any of the stores I visited.

You meet some pretty odd people in the London stores too, so I fit right in I guess. :rolleyes:

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
TK Maxx - aren't they the irresponsible blighters who sell hidden knives in the jackets??????????????????:p

Said in voice of 'Disgusted Mail reader, Surrey'.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Yeah, I missed those too. And I missed out on the sword hidden in a walking stick that was on special offer. I really need to hone my retail foraging skills. :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE