Heads up Deerhunter pro gamekeeper

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sparky750

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2015
Merseyside
I've been searching for a new jacket to replace and aging barbour, with lots of reading on here but no mention of this coat I found newforest clothing had the deerhunter jacket with almost £100 off. I was debating between this and a few others like ridgeline monsoon jacket.

anyway so Its arrived today in peat colour which is more dark green than brown but very nice the outer is like a velvet material and very quiet, the clincher for me was the material has some stretch to it and very comfortable.
warmth wise I'd liken it to my barbour middle of summer it'll be too much and winter will need a fleece underneath but for the rest of the time pretty much spot on.
Now I can't compare to a ridgeline since I've never owned one but in comparison to my paramo halcyon it's roughly the same fit not quite as warm but looks smart enough to wear around town where the paramo although brilliant reminds me of a 90s shellsuit.

I'll report back on how it breathes, waterproof etc once I've worn it in anger for a while but for now seems well made very comfortable with a massive hood

Reactions: Crowe

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
This is a great heads up. I was very tempted by this, but must resist. I have a perfectly good wax cotton jacket for this sort of environment...! But:

Reading the reviews it wears much larger than the size guide, have you found this too?

Also, would you mind weighing your version? Can't find that info online.

Sparky750

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2015
Merseyside
This is a great heads up. I was very tempted by this, but must resist. I have a perfectly good wax cotton jacket for this sort of environment...! But:

Reading the reviews it wears much larger than the size guide, have you found this too?

Also, would you mind weighing your version? Can't find that info online.
I normally fall between L and XL I've gone with xl for this and it fits well with room for layers. I'm a 44" chest 6ft1. I'll try and get a weight at the weekend however this is lighter than my barbour Beaufort it's replacing and thankfully the sleeves are longer than the Beaufort as well which was my biggest gripe with that coat.
Worn this morning in heavy rain walk for about 45 minutes no issues at all it was cold out so no over heating or sweat build up

Sparky750

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2015
Merseyside
Little update on this no issues at all, I'm bordering on using another layer now it's getting colder just a tshirt under is close to cold, it definitely breathes on a walk and it's exceptionally comfortable. I own loads of jackets and this has become my go to it just works and up to now 100% waterproof smart enough to use for work and tough enough to wear on woodland bimbles.
I'd definitely buy again instead of another barbour up to now hopefully it lasts as long.

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
Cheap here -

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
Long jacket

Reactions: Sparky750

Sparky750

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2015
Merseyside
Different jacket this is the one I've got, Sunday walk 3deg drizzle and with a quarter zip fleece underneath it's was perfect breathed well hood worked a charm

Sparky750

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2015
Merseyside
Long jacket

Same price I paid that really pleased with it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE