I'm sure you'll be swayed by hype and statistics and buy something expensive and heavy with a 5 billion lumen beam you could cook on but why ? Unless you plan on running pell-mell in the pitch dark you really only need to see 10 feet. If it's truly dark then it's amazing how little artificial light you need to function perfectly well. I'd strongly recommend buying a head torch with a red light option. Not only does this greatly negate impairment of your night vision after you turn it off, but it's far more subtle for those around you.
The best head torch I ever owned was a cheap little Ever Ready model from B+Q (about £7 IIRC) It ran on 3 AAA batteries and had a switch that went one way for white light and one way for red .. end of. None of this all too often encountered problem of "I used it on 'Low', but then had to click through Medium, High, Flood, Spot, Strobe, Can-Can, Foxtrot and Cha Cha Cha* to turn it off again !"
I used it mainly for gralloching deer that I'd shot at last light, then lighting my way back to the vehicle. 3 AAA batteries lasted Lord knows how long in it. Certainly more than you'd need in a fortnight under canvas unless you are completely nocturnal. If adding a spare set of 3 AAA's to your kit puts you over-weight I pity you ! It survived knocks and bangs as well as complete soakings (and subsequent drying out on the radiator). The only thing that killed it was being driven over by a Discovery on a concrete farmyard when I accidentally dropped it in front of my mates motor

All in all, do you need 5 billion lumens, 27 different modes and a rechargeable battery ? Probably not, but I bet that's what you buy
Oh, just one other thing .. Shine it where you like but NOT in peoples faces when in conversation. I've seen a couple of head torches 'accidentally' end up on the fire as a result of this happening.
* TBH I'm yet to come across a torch with all these functions, but if it doesn't already exist it probably soon will as some manufacturer decides that they'll be the new best selling gimmick