Head Up

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
That site is a good site, no affilation - just a happy customer. They also do some nice blisterproof socks by Karrimoor (aimed more towards the runners).

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thank you kindly for the link........with four males all wearing through boots at a great rate of knots, bargains are to be welcomed
:cool:

cheers,
Toddy

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
your welcome toddy!!

We've got a branch near us BUT the price on the Internet isnt the same instore!!! they are £50 instore i went with another pair almost the same but £35 as i needed them for my hike tomorrow, in reality i think the ones on the link have more padding and if i could have waited for delivery i would have gone with those. My new boots ar really comfy though and i'll let you know how i get on with them tomorrow

Dave

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
My british army assault boots have just packed in, however it appears they have no twelves! :(
thanks for the heads up tho ;)

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Strangely, i picked up a pair of these to have a look at last week in the shop.... for £50 i was tempted, although i just went with new pants and socks, meaning to return :)

they have a very nice vibram sole with what looks like a very good pattern.

i may have to pop in on the way home, or order online!

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I got a pair of trail eVent walking shoes from there and they are awesome-£90 down to £32. Ive been wearing them for work for 6 months and they are still waterproof!

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I got my Orkneys today. I am both disappointed and quite pleased.... let me explain.

They are very comfortable. I've literally just got back from an hour and a half in the driving rain and deep grass with dry comfy feet. I would like to say however that there is no support whatsoever. My Saucony running shoes give more foot protection from underfoot stones and lateral support, this would be an utter nightmare on a rocky hill.

At one point I felt something underfoot and out of interest looked to see - it was the edge of the top layer of tarmac missing.

For wet around the campfire great - but please don't wear these if you need and underfoot support.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
TK Maxx in Cambridge had a lot of Karrimor footwear last weekend, so the rest of their shops around the UK might have them as well.
The quality of some of the shoes is OK but others are dire. It's probably because of them being sourced from different manufacturers.
The days of the Karrimor KSBs being made by Garmont are long gone alas.
Happy rails...torc.

Last edited:

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Karrimor are definately hit-and-miss these days - I have a lovely pair of event fabric boots I got a couple of years ago, but some of the other offerings are pretty shoddy. As noted they'd be great for soggy campsites, but multiday walks over tougher terrain probably warrant a better boot.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I bought two pairs of size 8's.
They arrived asap, with no postage charges and a free mug too :D

They look really sound, and Himself says they're roomy enough (thankfully) to comfortably take the footbeds he wears in his boots. He's very pleased with them.
Son1 got the other pair, and since he needs a wider fit than his Dad, he says they're perfect. He'll only really use them for his lunchtime hike though.

So far, it seems like we got a bargain :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE