Head Up

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Yay 12's back in, off i go to get a pair :D
i'll let you know how i go with em, i hope they are waterproof as i'll be using them on the moss soon (local SSSI)

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
mine arrived last night, although i was suprised to see that they were in fact Orkney II's not Orkney III's
i've dug around on the net and i believe they're pretty much the same boot though so no mind.

had them out for a walk this morning and they're quite comfy! the soles do feel a little thin but there's some cracking impact absorbsion in the heel. well padded and shook off the dew that had collected on the grass with ease.
overall i'm quite happy. biggest test will be distance, i'm walking home from work tonight which is about 6-7 miles over both road, field and dirt track. some seriously differing terrain. i'll post a review up if my feet don't fall off :D

Sep 17, 2010
North West
Joined the forum to post here.

I also received Orkney II's

seem solid enough so far, after 2 days of dog walking. Left heel rubs due to stitching but a heel lock lace configuration (and a plaster) seems to have sorted that.

for £30 they look like a good buy so far.

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Ok so i gave them a good test yesterday, wore them all day in work and then walked the 6 miles home last night with a bit of a detour over an area i was curious about.
surpisingly comfy i must say!
i usually wear Boots:cardboard or the assault varient which are just plain heavy, these however felt like slippers by comparison.
over mixed terrain they did really well, the heel is a fantastic shock absorber and the ankel support is firm yet comfortable.

my only gripes are that the front of the sole under the balls of your feet is quite thin, its not unpleasant and doesn't fatigue my feet but its different for sure.
they did make my feet sweat a bit, so i wasn't as dry as i'd like when i got home and it was a nice dry day to walk home, this caused a bit of rubbing so i'm trying my full wool socks next time.
the insole that comes with the boot is not very good, it moves alot and actually ended up bunching at the heel, i'll replace that today with some magnum insoles and i reckon i've got a very good pair of boots :D
for the money i really can't complain, i had less leg/knee fatigue then normal walking my route and this morning my feet feel fine rather then sore (perhaps i should leave the boots : cardboard alone?) no chafing or rubbing on my achillies which i'm used to with the mil stuff so all is good.
i'm going to give them a good seeing to with kiwi polish later and these should see me for a fair few miles :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE