Hazel pipe rack, nice and easy!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yo,

I was bored today so I packed my rucksack with a folding saw and a knife and took my pooch for a walk in the woods. There is an abundant load of hazel trees around in some areas and plenty good straight bits for me to take and work with.

Figured I'd make a pipe rack! :)

Nothing fancy, just practical and easy enough to do while sat down in the grass with my dog and a bowl of Erinmore flake in my Carey magic inch. ;)

All cut and cleaned up ready to take back for a few tack nails to hold it together.

Quickly put together to check it was straight and good.

After some final whittling to make it as good as it can be without farting about with my gouges etc and bam! full of pipes and quite good looking considering.

It doesn't fit all my pipes, still have another half that ammount scattered around amongst knives and shelves etc but for now I'm pelased. I'm considering getting a nother length of hazel and extending it upwards so it can actaully hold them all, but some are biiiig and I'm kinda lazy. :D

Anyway, thanks for looking!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE