Have the heavens opened where you are today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
When I stood outside the MetLab this morning its was positively sunny but there was a dense cloud base just off the coast. It came on land but still it has been really mild here today, only one half hearted effort at a shower. Seems like we have gotten off lightly the last week or so has been pretty good down here!

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Just a quick update. Just let the dogs out and the gardens white with snow. Off work tomorrow-firelighting in the woods I think, try out me Mosgeil.:p

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
We had stair-rods of rain for about 15 minutes around 1pm while out shooting.....luckily we dodged into the barn between drives as we were near to the farm though the waterproofs were holding up anyway...Can't beat proper winter weather

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
My boy and I were driving back from Birminham this afternoon, and were on the A 14 near Cambrigdeshire when it started to chuck it down, very heavy, with small hailstones, and the wind was swirling it about all over the place, next to no visability, but STILL you get idiot impatient wagon drivers right on your tail, and STILL trying to overtake each other like boy racers :rolleyes: . I was only doing 5-10 mph at one stage. It lasted maybe 15 or 20 minutes then cleared to a moderat drizzle. A strange thing happened, 2 police car's came onto the motorway one after the other doing about 110 mph, then they went side by side on the 2 lanes, and gradually slowed down to about 15 mph, which we had to also reduce to. I thought oh there must of been an accident, or maybe the road is flooded? Then all of a sudden the 2 cars shot off again at 110 mph. Weird :rolleyes: :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
It did rain a bit didn't it :lmao: .

Now had I had this particular converstation on a phone or a couple of hours later I wouldn't have posted it because it wouldn't have struck a chord of amusement in me. As it happened the wind and rain were still energetically doing their thing, the conversation was face to face - and I was very obviously rain soaked!

- 'Did you see the down pour we've just had?'
- 'Yes, I've just walked through it!'
- 'Did you miss the wind?'
- 'No and it didn't miss me either!'
- 'Fallen leaves were being blown horizontally you know, they didn't half hit the window hard.'
- 'Yes leaves cart-wheeling in strong winds do look very impressive, right up to the point when they're coming straight at you.'

On the upside I know how water proof my non-waterproof coat is! Strangely enough it's very good in the rain, the water that got in was the water that hit me square in the head and then chose to obey gravity and run down my body!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE