Have the heavens opened where you are today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Perhaps now the rivers will have enough water in them for a bit of paddling at the weekend - canoeing that is not bare feet and rooled up trousers type paddling.....

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Only just started drizzling where i am (W Sussex on the coast), very grey and gloomy though

Ben_Hillwalker

Forager
Sep 19, 2005
Surrey
We had a bit of drizzle at lunchtime, but it came down very hard and very briefly at about 3:30. Its still looking a bit threatening now.

I wouldn't say the heavens opened exactly but we had a heavy shower about lunchtime and has remained clear and blustery ever since - typical cold and post cold front weather.

Looks like a decent sunset is on the cards!

Edit: That's in North Yorkshire, BTW.

Spindrift

Feb 25, 2007
Highlands Scotland
Showery weather here but at least the really high winds missed Inverness. Winds were higher the further east you went - gusts up to 70 mph at Rosehearty I;m told!:eek:
Only got up to aprox 40 mph gusts here.

Cheers Dave.

Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
I got poured on while I was walking to my favourite little woods. Fortunately on my back was the full kit so when I got there I quickly got the big tarp up and 10 minutes later was lounging in my hammock/underblanket with a brew on :D I love it when it rains.

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Have had high winds all day, with gusts of 70mph ! I had to put the plastic garden chairs away in case we lost them and also had to tie down the hen-house. It is now 0 degrees and snowing !
Doug.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`ve heard people saying that winter`s going to be a cold but dry one this time, just word of mouth though mind.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
We had an almighty downpour at about 4pm - I was trying to work out what the noise
was when in the office and turned round to see the sky had gone an eerie dark grey
(which was lovely) and it was just bucketing down.

When I got home my upstairs neighbour's window pot (about two foot by half, pottery)
had crashed, taking her plants with it, on our joint front doorstep. Glad I wasn't
underneath!

According to Channel 4 news there's a severe flood warning, more from:
08459 88 11 88
http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk
and
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/warnings.shtml
Thursday 8 November SEVERE FLOOD WARNING There are currently 6 severe flood warnings in force across the United Kingdom: Anglian (6) Further updates will appear here.
Thursday 8 November FLOOD WARNING There are currently 5 flood warnings in force across the United Kingdom: Anglian (2) Northeast (3) Further updates will appear here.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
A few showers up here only about 2 degree's above though! I went down to Aviemore on Tuesday the Cairngorms had quite a dusting of snow on them and there's a bit more forecast! Bring on the white stuff.:)

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
WE have had gales all day and it is still blowing outside my window here. ON an exposed stretch of road I really had to concentrate or I would have been blown off the road. Sone large branches blown off trees and I found a dead badger that looked as if it had been hit by a falling branch.:eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE