Hats...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
Tilleys are expensive because they are guaranteed for life!
I have managed to rot my way through 3 of them so far and had them all repaced for free.
Truely a hat for life!

I bought a White Rock Xlite the other week, first impressions are good. White Rock say "If this hat ever falls to pieces send it back and we will replace it" Which is pretty good for a £20 hat :)

My other hat's a Barmah Foldaway Bronco. Very happy with it generally I just wanted something lighter and cooler to compliment it.

leon-1

LOLZ. Don't worry, he'll be along later to edit your post. Him or his brother. :lmao:

No we won't:D

I have about four hats that I use, there should be more, but that's the way things go.

Mainly I use a Barmah, then there is a Whiterock that I use, when it gets cold it's either a Warm 'n Dry hat or an old woolen watch cap.

I like hats as opposed to using hoods, I find that hoods restrict both your vision and your hearing. Wide brimmed hats are great as they keep the sun out of your eyes and off the back of your neck, but at the same time if it's really coming down they tend to create a little micro climate where my cigarette won't get totally soaked:rolleyes:

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I've got plenty of hats.
I generally wear a Barmah squashy suede hat, but if it's really hot I wear a white rock (used it in Perth WA in a summer heatwave and didn't die :)) I've also got an Akubra hat I picked up on the Oz trip, and a Rogue canvas and leather one I got in Cape Town.

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
index.39.jpg

Mine's a brand new Tayberry Tazman, just bought it today :)

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Being a baldie, I have a large selection of hats, essential to keep the sun/rain/cold off. I usually wear an MTP bucket hat to shoot in (archery), an Outdoor Research Seattle Sombrero if its really tipping down, a North Face lined beanie with earflaps for Sweden/Norway trips when its properly cold, or an Overlander soft leather wide brimmed hat when just being out'n'about in the sun (hopefully to avoid skin cancer).

I also have one or two baseball caps, but I look really stupid in them (imagine Dara O'Briain in a skull cap!), so they are for emergencies only :)

I haven't seen my favourite mentioned, the cowboy hat made out of tightly woven straw. I shall make a special note and get another when I'm back on the prairies. Now that is a hat which works when you are working hard in high temps and sunlight!

Where I actually live, on the coast, then I usually use cheap denim boonie hats made to absorb sweat, or a baseball cap with big bill under rainproof hoods. In winter, a thick wool cap of course. Here if it stands repeated bug spray, washing and wearing in three seasons, then good enough! That's probably due to having had lack of hair for a long time, so I have to wear a hat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE