Has anyone found their perfect kit set up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
As above really.
We're all distracted by shiny kit and the latest gizmo or gadget.
Has anyone finally found their personal optimum kit load out/set up?
I reckon bar two items I've got mine pretty much spot on.

What's your kit list then and what are the two items?
Mines almost there a few things change around depending on how I feel. Preferring a machete to an axe at the moment.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
How dare you even suggest such a thing! My postie would be devistated, he's got kids to feed I see it as my civic duty to buy stuff so he can continue to support his loved ones...

Seriously though

yep my EDC is sorted as are my bushie tools - currently working on my canteen setup then its shelter and bedding

clothings pretty much sorted too

How dare you even suggest such a thing! My postie would be devistated, he's got kids to feed I see it as my civic duty to buy stuff so he can continue to support his loved ones...

Seriously though

yep my EDC is sorted as are my bushie tools - currently working on my canteen setup then its shelter and bedding

clothings pretty much sorted too

Sorry Lee
I shall go and wash my mouth out.
It was just curiosity. ...bad sam bad sam

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Mine consists of a Jet boil zip, bivvy bag, softie suit (Dave Bromleys idea to replace sleeping bag) DD tarp,nylon poncho and machete.

Oh yeah, and a five season roll mat

just added a goretex type overall/onesie. I know its 12c outside but bloody hell this is warm on top of the softie suit. I couldn't wear it more than 5 mins, i reckon, its that warm it could possibly replace my winter sleep system. Cant wait for the cold weather to try it out.

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
I thought i was getting there........ until i decided i was going to start building up my Artic snow kit... (seeing that i go to the Northern hemisphere every weekend! :rolleyes::cool::p) Now iv entered a whole new realm of bushcraft!! ..And it feels like i haven't even started with what i need/need to make kit wise... phfffff

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
It really depends what type of 'adventuring' I'm doing.

Enzo Trapper, Honey Stove and Trangia burner come along on about 95% of all trips though so they're probably the only two 'perfect' bits of kit that I take everywhere. Everything else is really 'adventure depandant' :D

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
The two items are a gas stove for rapid brews and a shoulder bag for bimbling.
I can post kit list later on.

Thought you'd just about got the shoulder bag thing sorted, anyway try a pocket rocket(msr)or a copy of it for a cheaper option, they realy punch above their weight.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE