Has anyone found their perfect kit set up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheNative

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2013
The Frontier
www.youtube.com
I focus on 18th century bushcraft, it is my new found love! The period, culture, kit.. everything is awesome! I feel I have put together the right gear for the summer months at least but I think I will have to start to think about beefing everything up to deal with the cold when it draws near.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
im finally leaning towards 3 main stoves out of my eleven :rolleyes: im planning to try to live off my kelly kettle soon for solo use just need to experiment more with it for cooking...

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
icon1.png
Haven't bought anything for a long while now, i'm at the stage where I can pack a load and everything gets used apart from the fak. Like everyone I have options depending on what I fancy but i'm more than sorted and content with what I have. Is that blasphemy?
If it is blasphemy Chad i must be as bad. The only thing i would possibly change is my mess tins. I'd like to try some South African mess tins, (butterfly handles) instead of my British army mess tins but that's it.​

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
I have my favourite kit / set up. Is it perfect, naa, course not :rolleyes:

Could be much lighter, I could use a gas stove for brews, but I don't like 'em.

I have problem of taking too much stuff with me. Evidently I don't need to take 3 moras, my MLL, a couple of other fixed blades and some folders with me. And a saw AND my SFA. somehow though it just doesn't feel right leaving them at home. They all deserve woods-time :)

Although I think I have the perfect set up planned in my head, it's just that pesky thing called money that gets in the way!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
All good and well. But what do you use for a pillow?:) I always take the one from my bed but it's bulky.

Three litre wine bag (from a 'box' of wine) wrapped in a tee shirt to stop sweaty head, folds up very small and is a back up water carrier.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Finally I have my perfect setup for my current needs, if those needs change my base kit can be added too. Due to life I have only been able to get out for 1 night at a local meet, so I have a simple setup. I don't take anything I don't use, even to the extent of not having a knife, axe or saw on me.

For me getting to the meet is more about spending time with mates and like minded people. Catching up around the fire and generally having a lots of laughs.

(Usual a perfect kit until Tinky Pete shows me something he has recently got, and then I say dam I need that!)

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Mine is getting there but to be honest i think the "perfect" kit set up for me is a bit of a myth.

Its odd really as i have my cooking kit sorted, carving/cutting tools, FAK, sleeping and shelter, water carrying/purification yet although most of my overnighters are very similar in terms of what i do whilst out i still find myself thinking why did i bring this or why didnt i bring that.

The only set up im truly happy with is my EDC for going on a daytime bimble, it all fits in a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipak and has water, snacks, mini hatchet, saw, knife, mini FAK, fire lighting kit.

Hamster

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I don't want to need to want kit. My perfect kit is all kit replaced with skill.

That said, what I'd like to find is a compact pillow.
And one of those fancy go lite shangri-la tents would be on my with list too. If I ever get rich.

I just use my softie jacket inside its stuff sack. If its not comfy just pull a tiny bit of the jacket out to suit. Saves carrying anything additional and you jacket is always warm and dry in the morning,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE