Has anyone found their perfect kit set up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Its a canvas webbing bag. One main compartment and a pocket on either side.
Woof very kindly sent it to me to have a nose at.
I've only looked at it but I'm doing a sleep in at work tomorrow and going to use it to carry my stuff in to work and see how it feels with a reasonable amount of weight I .
Then I'll load it up for a bimble and have a bit more of a play.
But its very promising so far....

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I don't want to need to want kit. My perfect kit is all kit replaced with skill.

That said, what I'd like to find is a compact pillow.
And one of those fancy go lite shangri-la tents would be on my with list too. If I ever get rich.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Its a canvas webbing bag. One main compartment and a pocket on either side.
Woof very kindly sent it to me to have a nose at.
I've only looked at it but I'm doing a sleep in at work tomorrow and going to use it to carry my stuff in to work and see how it feels with a reasonable amount of weight I .
Then I'll load it up for a bimble and have a bit more of a play.
But its very promising so far....

one of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Army-...Mens-Bags-Messenger-Fishing-Bag-/400312679362

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Spot on corso.
Neils thats the obvious wish of all.
But I'm also aware that resources and time mean kit is easier than skills...I've not got materials available where I go to make shelters each time I go as an example

All good and well. But what do you use for a pillow?:) I always take the one from my bed but it's bulky.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I'm nearly there I think, only 3 items on wish list; Water purifier pump, new boots, another hard shell (my Ventile can't cope with mountain conditions).

That said I have over the years accumulated a tremendous amount of gear so I don't have one single kit list. As Jinsin puts it, it's all 'adventure dependant'.

rg598

Native
Mine is exactly the way I like it. Unfortunately, I get bored when that happens, so I still keep making minor changes. I tell myself that I do it to improve performance, but in reality it is because I am bored. For example, I use a Thermarest NeoAir All Season sleeping pad. It is great. I just got the Thermarest NeoAir XTherm pad because its R value is slightly higher. In all honesty it is not going to make a difference, and my kit is pretty much the same, but I can't help but make changes.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I don't know about a perfect set-up but there are a few things that ALWAYS seem to make the cut; the rest gets chosen according to the terrain, length of trip, aims of the trip and myriad other things. I do like to try stuff out and see if it works for me or whether I've just been made a mug of the marketing team. If it shows promise, one of the great pleasures is tweaking it a bit to improve it but when the demands of a day or journey can vary so much, having a selection of goodies means that most points get covered. The world is just too big and diverse to have ONE perfect kit set-up!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I have a setup of basic "go to" items then tailor the bits and bobs according to what I'm doing.. Sometimes hammock, sometimes ground dwelling. Sometimes axe, sometimes saw etc

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I tend to keep my Karrimor 45 with all the pockets packed, and then chuck in hammock/clothes/grub according to the conditions and trip.

That said, every time I think I've got it right, some bright spark comes up with a way to shed some weight off the setup. I'm not an ultralight kit geek, but can't resist reducing the amount when I spot a new shiny thing :D

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've had the perfect kit list every single day since the get-go - absolutely perfect; trouble is, it's never been the same list on any two of those days!

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
I have stopped buying kit, otherwise it will never end and will end up like one of those people trapped in their house full of junk

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Haven't bought anything for a long while now, i'm at the stage where I can pack a load and everything gets used apart from the fak. Like everyone I have options depending on what I fancy but i'm more than sorted and content with what I have. Is that blasphemy?

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
I don't want to need to want kit. My perfect kit is all kit replaced with skill.

That said, what I'd like to find is a compact pillow.
And one of those fancy go lite shangri-la tents would be on my with list too. If I ever get rich.
I got a special ortho pillow specially contoured to support your neck etc etc for 5 or 6 quid from lidle. Made from a firm sponge and comes in a washable bag. Cut it in half and squashed into the bottom of my bergan. Dead comfy.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE