Handforged Trivets.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
For sale are these handforged trivets.Perfect for cooking on over a campfire or resting your kettle ect..

They have folding legs and are 9in along the sides and 9in legs.Finished in matt black hi-temp paint(up to 600c,which is about a red heat)

.Made to order. £30 posted.

PICT2732.jpg

PICT2733.jpg

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
:D

Stoke it up man...its only pain;)

Oh..and heat exhaustion...and death...and........

No rush buddy

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
:D

Stoke it up man...its only pain;)

Oh..and heat exhaustion...and death...and........

No rush buddy

My mate at work had an interesting philosophy on this. It got to around 48 degrees Celsius in the polytunnels this week, the strawberries were jamming before they were picked. When you're in there working for an hour you reach a nirvana/Zen stage between passing out and bliss.

Its good to be out there at the edge, working for the gusto. :cool:

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Hi Launditch

Can you tell me the name of the paint you used.
Been tring to get some for my fire grill and must say you'r trivot looks stunning.

Bob

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Ahh!Ya want to know ma secrets?!:D

The stuff im using is Hammerite High heat paint.Resists temps up to 600c,impact resistant,quick drying and no primer required.Just give the metalwork a rub down with wire wool and a wipe with something like acetone..If you spray the stuff on right you dont get any runs.
i got mine from Focus diy at £8.99 for a 400ml can.Not cheap i know,but the finish is excellent!I would imagine the larger diy stores will sell it..

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Ahh!Ya want to know ma secrets?!:D

The stuff im using is Hammerite High heat paint.Resists temps up to 600c,impact resistant,quick drying and no primer required.Just give the metalwork a rub down with wire wool and a wipe with something like acetone..If you spray the stuff on right you dont get any runs.
i got mine from Focus diy at £8.99 for a 400ml can.Not cheap i know,but the finish is excellent!I would imagine the larger diy stores will sell it..

Thats where I went wrong , I went to dulux paint store doh
will try diy stores
thanks Bob

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Thanks for the head-up.The Hycote brand?Some are up to 500c and others to 650c.

Just found some in my local car spares shop...Cant tell the difference with the finish.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE