hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
Got one off evilbay, paid Just under £20 inc p&p.

My first try out was yesterday morning, having never put up or used a hammock before, found it slightly awkward first time. Took it down and tried again - no probs. Found using two karabiners helped.

Quality of hammock seems ok. I'm a big lad, however still found it comfortable.

Hopefully will try an overnight stay in it over the bank holiday weekend.

C

cossack

Spent the weekend before last in one, great until Sunday morning forgot where I was spun round to discuss breakast with friend in next pair trees - rapid landing - not hammocks fault. Impressed on delivery from DD purchased late on a sunday night received by Tusday
Kerry

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
the guy selling these is just down the road from me. it'd be cheaper for me to drive to his house to pick it up than to get it posted :D

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
As you know from other hammock discussions I have purchased one of these also and am most pleased. The hammock can be readily be adapted to suit your own personal requirments. I borrowe RM eco hammock DVD from big lizard in order to adapt this type of hammock towards the RM type. I removed the hanging ropes, shortened them, sewed in loops, these are attatched by karribiners to another set of tree huggers (another 5 per side metres bought from ebay bloke) and works like a charm, all for around 20 quid (same set up others have applied on here). I just have to fix a full mossi net either surrounding the set up or sewen into the top. Lovely job.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
I purchased one and then a second for my son as there pretty good value for money.

Also worth mentioning that the guy selling them provides a really quick service.

Although both of mine smelled a bit musting (obviously from storage or something) the smell disappears soon enough with a good airing.

fa11en ange1

Forager
Jun 20, 2005
Dover, Kent
www.fragraceandgame.com
I picked up one of these a little while back too, finally got to try at the weekend and I am seriously impressed. I weigh just over 17 stone and it took my weight and that of my 2 year old no problem. Plus as everyone has said dead easy to put up and put away. I used the trusty Evenk (spelling?) hitch for mine and it stayed up and un-did very easily, good job really as it's the only fancy knot I know :D

I'm really keen to spend the whole night in it now and hope to do so next week while I'm off work, assuming I can convince the wife that nasty things aren't going to happen to me while I'm alone in the woods :rolleyes:

Now I just hope the £8 (with P&P) ebay tarp I've ordered will do for shelter...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE