Hammock Underquilt - Possible Group Buy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Mick Miller x1 underblanket
Mirius x 1 underblanket
UKHaiku 1 x underblanket (provisional)
Keithg 1 x underblanket
Chainsaw x 1 underblanket

5 down, 25 to go....unless UKHaiku has already bought one?

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Well, a little update for all those on the list...Schwuk had one for sale, unused and as received. As the price for that was the same as I'd pay for one with the Woodland Edge 30 plus item discount (£60) I've gone and bought it!

That said, I'm happy to keep the group buy running although one of you may wish to step in when we (and if) we get to 30 items. I'm very sorry to do this, but I hope you understand that it was an offer I couldn't turn down.

Amended list:

Mirius x 1 underblanket
UKHaiku 1 x underblanket (provisional)
Keithg 1 x underblanket

4 down, 26 to go....sorry gentlefolk.

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
The folks over at Woodland Edge have let me know that they can offer the same discount on a combination of over or underblankets, provided there are 10 or more items.

As I (and I think UKHaiku) have managed to get hold of secondhand ones our names are off the list. I'd also be looking for someone to take over the buy (if it gathers pace) as I've already managed to fall into organising a GB on the fireboxes (I kind of got elected by default but it's okay, looks like its a go'er!).

So just to be clear, either over or underblankets, quantity a combination of over 10 items of either type. Single payment by cheque (or I'd imagine debit card) only.

List last time I looked;

Mirius x 1 underblanket
Keithg 1 x underblanket

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You can pencil me in for an underblanket Mick but I won`t have the funds until the end of the month.

Rich

Mirius x 1 underblanket
Keithg 1 x underblanket
Shewie x 1 underblanket

shocks

Forager
Dec 1, 2007
Devon
I'll have an underblanket too

Mirius x 1 underblanket
Keithg 1 x underblanket
Shewie x 1 underblanket
Shocks x 1 underblanket

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Good news, it's gaining a little pace 5 more under or over blankets needed and the discount applies!

As mentioned before, I'm kinda hoping one of you will take up the gauntlet with organising the buy, I'm already organising the firebox buy and it'll get a bit confusing to run both concurrently - not to mention the lucky purchase of a secondhand underblanket already! They really are quite superb bits of kit.

If there are really no takers by the time we reach 10 then I guess I'll have to do the decent thing - I'll keep an eye on how it goes.

Cheers,

Mick.

bobstevenson

Dec 19, 2007
Buxton
I'll have one as well :)

Mirius x 1 underblanket
Keithg 1 x underblanket
Shewie x 1 underblanket
Shocks x 1 underblanket
BobStevenson x 1underblanket

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Update from Woodland Edge: The group buy can go ahead for this amount (6)!

So...if one of you would be kind enough to organise it that would speed things up, otherwise it'll have to wait till the stove group buy has run its course (two GB's at once would be a nightmare to keep on track). The total amount was £66.90 incl. postage to your address. (UK only).

If you want a overblanket and already have an underblanket I'd get your name down quick, the offer covers either of those items. I already have a secondhand underblanket (like new) and used it this weekend again, it really is an awesome bit of kit and a doddle to set-up.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`m gonna have to bow out of this one for the time being sorry.

Apologies to Mick or whoever takes the GB up !!

Rich

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Having spoken to Mick Miller by PM today I have said that I would be prepared to take over the underblanket / quilt GB whilst he concentrates on the stoves GB. The thing is that although I have been lurking around these parts for a few months I don't have a posting profile so if you would prefer to deal with someone better known on BCUK I wont be offended!

I would prefer to use Paypal; which gives you a little more security (although you do pay for it as I would need to recoup the fees) but is riskier for me because of possible credit card clawback. Cheques are final once cleared so suit me better but obviously slower and more of a risk to you.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Sold some unused kit elsewhere so I'll take one :)

Mirius x 1 underblanket
Keithg 1 x underblanket
Shocks x 1 underblanket
BobStevenson x 1underblanket
PeterH x 1 Underblanket

keithg

Jun 27, 2007
Aldridge, West Midlands
PeterH - thanks for picking this up - appreciated. PP will be fine for me.

As this has been running for around six weeks now, and we have the minimum number required for an order, do we want to set a deadline for others to come in (perhaps midnight Sunday?) after which we close the Group Buy and place the order?

Cheers
keithg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE