hammock set up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nomads Land XXL
Most of the DDs, but I prefer an open model to those with a net.
Clarks
Hennessy's
Nomad Travel XL (my fave at the moment)

bigant

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2009
Stoke on trent
i got one from 10th wonder made up to my own size *been abit tall for a normal one* seems to be very good construction and very comfy :)

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Having changed the set up of mine several times now;
DD Camping hammock, shortened ropes with climbing Karabinas, 2 lengths of looped and knotted 25mm webbing from your local hardwear store to use as tree huggers.

You can set this lot up in under a minute and it is very adjustable.

Chris

trewornan

Sep 24, 2005
UK
I don't have a lot of experience with different hammocks but I've just come back from three weeks hammocking round Europe and slept very well in my dd hammock and xxl tarp from kathmandu trekking. I don't go much for camouflage but the dpm tarp was fantastic for a quick overnighter where I didn't want to be spotted.

V4V

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2009
Yorkshire
www.r4nger5.com
10th wonder do make a good hammock - easy to repair if needs be - camped out in it half a dozen times and really enjoyed it. A good and cheap intro to hammock camping, IMHO

Ian H

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2009
South Wales
only just started sleeping in a hammock so may not be the best person to give advice. I recently bought a DD travel hammock as it can be used on the ground as its waterproof, first time i used it i wasnt too impressed as i woke up with a bit of condesation in it since its not breathable. Although second time i used it everything was fine.

I would buy the DD frontline hammock tomorrow if i was after a new hammock though :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE