Hammock from deal extreme

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Id be tempted if I didnt have a hammock

I did get a free soldier pouch last year and the stitching is very good quality

Looks to be a chinese equivalent to webtex or similar

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Dimensions102.36 in x 35.43 in x 0.39 in (260 cm x 90 cm x 1 cm)

I'm not a hammocker but 90cm seems rather narrow on material especially when you look at DD Hammocks or Tenth Wonder where they start at 140cm and go up to 180cm

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I'm not a hammocker but 90cm seems rather narrow on material especially when you look at DD Hammocks or Tenth Wonder where they start at 140cm and go up to 180cm

+1.

90cm is far too narrow, I struggled to get even close to a diagonal lay in a DD at 140cm. My comfiest by far is a TW super XL at 180cm width.

BushDaddy

Jan 5, 2014
Felixstowe
I hadn't considered being able to lay diagonally, I pretty much freeze in place when I sleep. I looked at tw hammocks as I'd really like one with a built in fly net and theres is about the same price. Only thing I didnt like is the tw one uses ally poles as a spreadsheet where as the free soldier one expects you to use stick which I prefere, why carry something you can pick up or find whilst setting up

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I hadn't considered being able to lay diagonally, I pretty much freeze in place when I sleep. I looked at tw hammocks as I'd really like one with a built in fly net and theres is about the same price. Only thing I didnt like is the tw one uses ally poles as a spreadsheet where as the free soldier one expects you to use stick which I prefere, why carry something you can pick up or find whilst setting up

Agreed on the alloy poles, always good to not carry what can be easily found. Still the alloy poles are removable.

The diagonal lay (or asym lay if you want to sound cool) is more about getting a flat sleeping position. Otherwise if you're laying in your hammock with your head and feet in line with the suspension you get an arched back, comfortable enough for an afternoon snooze. But not great for a good night's sleep :).

Behold the mighty Shug. Well worth watching the playlist, certainly helped me out when I was getting in to hammock camping :).

https://youtu.be/d7NZVqpBUV0

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
Seems to me since it's completely made waterproof, that condensation could be a big issue. Read here that the DD waterproof bivy/hammock has the same problem.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I have a DD and while there is some condensation it is not an issue, plus I like to sleep quite warm. It is just a difference in colour not a pool!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE