hammock drip rings????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

EastSussexScout

Tenderfoot
Feb 27, 2010
Brighton
i've got a hammock and tarp configuration and i'm looking at getting something to stop water getting into my hammock. so far i have been just tying strings onto my lines which seems a bit hit and miss. any ideas of the best (cheapest) things to use and where to get them from?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
B&Q sell galvanised rings in the hardware dept, they need a bit of tidying up with a round file and some wet and dry but they're plenty strong enough.

They're with the door furniture and gate fittings if you're passing.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I'm also new to using a hammock, i got a DD frontline in a trade over on BCL. My thoughts are, that i want to carry less weight, so would'nt just a couple of "j"cloths tied around the lines work as a drip strip ?.

Rob

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
J cloths work well.

They don't stop the water wicking, but do slow it down enough for it not to be a problem for me with polyprop webbing.

Since I changed my suspension to coated dyneema, I get only a tiny amount of water wicking down which has made it into a non-issue now

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE