Hammock Choice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
jakunen said:
There's nothing wrong with doing things on the cheap. Means you have more money for other things or for getting somewhere you can use your kit.
No arguement from me. That is why I was originally asking about the Pro Pod as it seemed to be good for the money (£55) but the advantage of a built in insect net is a big draw given the famous Scottish Midge.

jakunen

Native
MagiKelly said:
No arguement from me. That is why I was originally asking about the Pro Pod as it seemed to be good for the money (£55) but the advantage of a built in insect net is a big draw given the famous Scottish Midge.
And how!
It also stops wasps too! The site that Taz, Womble and myself went to a while ago had LOADS of wasps...

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
A mate of Taz and mine also has gone down the cheap route for hammocking - he bought what H&M supplies describes as an "Army hammock", an unbrella mozzie net and used the outer of an elderly ridge tent (that his scout group had spare) as a tarp. As a home made package it seemed to work really well! It also had the advantage over a hennesy (or at least as some argue it) that the bedding can be made and easily climbed into (I usually have to get into my bag and THEN climb into my Hennesy)!

The great thing about doing it this way was that he could adjust the setup to suit how he wanted it, and improve it as he went. He wants to change to a Hennesy, but I asked him why, when what he has is as good, and cost a fraction of the price.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE