Haix Cww boots leak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pwoody

Jan 18, 2021
ireland
Have any of ye had a problem with Haix cww boots leaking from the toe box.
I bought a new pair before xmas and while iv doubted there waterproof ability since January it could have being put down to sweat. Well camping Saturday night with no rain but walking through wet grass the toe boxs soaked through. I actually took a picture of the fire while cooking dinner and you can see my boots in the pic and they look wet.
I treat them every week with Haix polish so cant figure it out.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I am the last who is willing to make PR for HAIX boots as I recommend exclusively traditional made sewn boots.

But that is of course not normal and not usual! Contact them! That's a making fault. They surely will replace them.

Haix boots are used by several NATO armies, issued to special forces, German police and border patrols, firemen, rescue teams and so on.

They make quality stuff.

My German army boots, BW Kampfstiefel, the usual cheap version, made by HAIX, without Goretex lining are 100 % waterproof. I do not recommend them for other reasons, but waterproof they are indeed.

Last edited:

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
They have a goretex liner. If water is coming in then the liner will be damaged.

I would wax them with something like grangers and use them as is. Unless they have a hole in them they'll be as waterproof as any other pair of high leg boots.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE