Had a break in please keep an eye out

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
For those in my part of the world and maybe a bit further afield too, keep an eye out at car boots etc for a load of fishing tackle, we had a break in here last night and all of our tackle has been nicked, in particular are two very distinctive seat boxes, made by Brilo Box, both boxes are blue in colour, really want to get these back as these are hand made Aluminium tackle boxes, ive had one for over twenty years and it's still as good as the day i got it, lovely British engineering and Brilo dont make these boxes any more, also nicked were rods and poles by Daiwa, Maver, MAP, Preston, Fox, Shimano, reels etc, they even nicked my entire stock of feed and hook pellets (over 25kg) and ground baits, but did take the trouble to put an open bag of Braseem in the bin for me.

So if anyone should see a large quantity of tackle at a boot market etc, please let me and importantly the police know.

cheers peeps

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Dirty rotten Fe**ers............I went through this three years ago, one of the worst things that ever happened to me, I feel your pain. I really hope you get your stuff back mate.................

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Dirty rotten Fe**ers............I went through this three years ago, one of the worst things that ever happened to me, I feel your pain. I really hope you get your stuff back mate.................

Thanks Mac

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
It must be spreading, one of my neighbours has been done three times in less than two years.

When you get your replacements through your insurance you need to do a few things, some more obvious than others.

Get it smart-watered and get it in a place where they won't get it again, this is what happened to my neighbour, a few months after the first break-in he had a second one and all his new kit got nicked, he now has an armoured multi lock steel framed door into his garage, the front up and over isn't any more, it has been screwed shut to the wall and boarded inside and he has a three point alarm fitted to the garage...

Also watch out for anyone who is on the bank fishing near you... If the same people are fishing the same places they get to know too much... I'm not talking friends here, just other anglers.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Smart water solutions are a great deterrent. Has to be someone who has seen all the kit, cannot just be a coincidence.
thieving dirt bags.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Sorry to hear that chap. A good idea is to create some auto searches on eBay, if your stuff comes up win it and then when u get the details to collect it pass that on to the police. Some one I know did the same thing for his bike that was stolen.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Scum! .......What do they think gives them right?

I hope you get your kit back mate.....for what it's worth I will keep a look out on eBay etc.

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
Christ thats really a horrible thing to have to go through mate - I'll keep an eye out at the boot fairs and like as I think I'm in your neck of the woods.. Really hope you get it back!

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
What complete f*%@##% little p>#$¥ you get in this world to be doing that, Mark has any of your bushcraft gear beens stolen? if so please let me know, if I have any spares I will donate it to you mate. I will defo keep an eye out for your fishing kit at car boots.

Mb

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Bunch of wasters! Sorry to hear of your loss. I was going to suggest posting on Maggotdrowners but you already have. My mate runs that site so I will get him to keep his ear to the ground. He has a way with finding out info ;)

I will keep my eye out on the other forums I'm on and hopefully something will turn up. What sort of fishing do you do? I have a spare carp rod you can have, I might have a few other bits too to keep you fishing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE