guy line tensioners

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

philipb

Forager
Feb 20, 2016
wales
i just bought some loop aliens to try

they seem very adaptable but a bit fiddly to use at first but gets much easyer with practice

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've been having a play, this first one is like Chris posted, I bought some line locs and they work fine in this setup.
Then I had a play with the 3d printer and did the one below with the hooks on, this was designed for a doorway to hook the ten/tarp door onto. I figure it won't be very strong on those horns, probably enough for it's intended purpose though.
All the prints are 100% fill PLA+
IMG_7700.jpegIMG_7702.jpeg
IMG_7701.jpeg

This next one is closer to what I was looking for, although the hole is too small, that's 1.5mm kite line i've looped through, the pink cord is 3mm and I couldn't get that through doubled up, so I made a bigger one below this.

IMG_7699.jpeg

Then I found a design that's rated to 80lb and printed out a hook version and a larger hole version (further down), these are both using 3mm cord, the beauty of the 3d printer is that I can make any size I want to if I fancy using heavier cord.

IMG_7698.jpeg

This hooks over 3/4mm line nicely.

IMG_7697.jpeg

And I think I like this one the best, the hole will let me use a mini Karabina for quick attachment to tarp and tent loops while havig quite a small form factor, and it feel really strong.

IMG_7696.jpeg
IMG_7695.jpeg
IMG_7694.jpeg

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Very much like the ring tensioner.
I feel that the closed ring is by far the most secure.

Do you design your own programming for 3D? Would you be prepared to share the file?

Or

May I ask my son to make something similar to your design for the tipi.

He has just moved house and it may be a while before he exhumes his printer but I really do like that design.

General notice::lmao:
(On re-reading the above, please note - All entendres were single as they left my thumb. If they appear double on your screen that is definitely your problem!):rolleyes:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, I'm hoping the closed ring one works out under tension, I need to do some testing, I built a double sized one for trying blue rope that i've got, but at 200% it's still not quite big enough, I'm making a new one now and a med sized one to try with paracord.

Also, doing them with less fill and thicker walls to drop weight, materials and hopefully retain strength.

IT was a file off of the internet, I wish I had the skills to design stuff!! I'll see if I can find it again...

Reactions: Pattree

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE